Big Mac Tacos are the new trend rolling up on all social media, making it a new trend of delicacy. It is not an ordinary burger or tacos; on the contrary, it is something new and unique that quickly assembles, cooks, and enjoys a moment of pleasure. Today, I came up with an easy recipe for Big Mac Taco, which is really tasty and finger-licking.
This homemade tasty dish, also known as Smash Burger Tacos, is made with the juiciest ground beef, replacing buns with tacos. A thin layer of ground beef mixed with onion and seasoning is spread evenly onto a soft flour tortilla. Personalizing the Big Mac tacos is easy; you can add anything you like here. It resembles much of an ordinary Big Mac but looks different, is easier to make, and tastes fantastic. These homemade tacos taste even better than an ordinary Big Mac due to the consistency of meat and other healthy ingredients like veggies. One good point here is to spread the ground meat evenly to ensure it isn’t too thick and to cook it properly. Also, the aspect should be nice, as you will have to share these delicious Big Mac Tacos with the family.
Homemade burgers and these Big Mac tacos have won my kid’s heart. They ask me to cook them frequently as they are tasty, and kids like such dishes, especially when it comes to skip store-bought ones.
Ingredients for Big Mac Tacos (Smash Burger Tacos)
The ingredients list is simple and does not require sophisticated ingredients.
- Medium-sized tortillas. I like to use both flour and corn tortillas.
- Ground beef – this is the main ingredient for Big Mac Tacos. I usually get juicy burgers with 10-15% fat ground beef. Pork meat can also be a great option.
- Sliced cheese – grab the cheese that melts quickly. American sliced cheese is perfect for this dish.
- Lettuce or salads – lately, I discovered Romaine lettuce. This crunchy salad is a great vitamin C, K, and folate source and an important nutrient for blood clotting. It also helps to support bone health. If you want more information about Romaine lettuce benefits, read here. Anyway, iceberg lettuce works here great, too.
- Pickles – I just love pickles, especially my homemade crunchy pickled cucumbers. They complement so nicely these tacos.
- Mayo – I will absolutely advise you to make your homemade mayo. I have two options: classic homemade mayonnaise and garlic mayonnaise.
How to make a sauce for Big Mac Tacos?
Making sauce for Big Mac Tacos is simple, and the result is super delicious. Actually, the sauce variations are endless, all depending on your taste. To avoid complicating often, I just use a mix of homemade mayonnaise and tomato sauce. A good option is our delicious homemade bang bang sauce.
Today, I crave for something sour. So, I just mix some ingredients that combine perfectly. Combine mayonnaise, pickled cucumber, some drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice, some drops of Sriracha sauce and garlic in a small bowl. You can substitute mayo with sour cream or Greek yogurt for a healthier version. This savory sauce adds lots of flavor to the Big Mac tacos.
How to make Big Mac Tacos?
Homemade Big Mac tacos are so satisfying and easy to make. This delicious dish is loaded with succulent meat, flavorful sauce, crunchy salad, and savory cheese.
Preheat the pan or grill pan. In a mixing bowl, combine minced meat with spices. You can use any you like. For me, the perfect combination is simple: smoked paprika, salt & pepper, garlic powder, and a pinch of ground coriander. Optional: you can add some finely chopped onion. Watch the video below:
Lay a tortilla. Smash and press the burger meat mixture onto the tortillas to get a flat, thin layer of meat. Make sure you spread the meat to the edge.
Grease the pan with a bit of olive oil. Place one tortilla with the meat side down. Lightly press it using a grill press or anything with a flat surface. It can be even the bottom of a saucepan. Cook it for 2-3 minutes or until the meat gets a good golden brown crust, and then flip it over. Top with cheese and cook it for one more minute. When ready, transfer Big Mac tacos to a plate and garnish with sauce and salad.
Enjoy with pleasure!
Homemade Big Mac Tacos
- grill pan
- grill press
- 4 tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/6 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/6 tsp ground coriander
- 8 slice American sliced cheese
- romaine lettuce
For the sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cucumber pickles chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp sriracha sauce
- In a mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, pickled cucumber, some drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, combine minced meat with spices: smoked paprika, salt & pepper, garlic powder, some drops of sriracha sauce and a pinch of ground coriander.
- Preheat the pan or grill pan.
- Lay a tortilla. Smash and press the burger meat mixture onto the tortillas to get a flat, thin layer of meat. Make sure you spread the meat to the edge.
- Grease the pan with a bit of olive oil. Place one tortilla with the meat side down. Lightly press it using a grill press or anything with a flat surface. Cook it for 2-3 minutes or until the meat gets a good golden brown crust, and then flip it over. Top with cheese and cook it for one more minute.
- Transfer Big Mac tacos to a plate and garnish with sauce and salad.