Bang bang sauce is a mixture of sweet, spicy, and creamy sauce ideal for a variety of dishes to dip in. Five minutes and the sauce is ready and is even more delicious than a bought one.
Bang bang sauce became famous as the popular Bonefish Shrimp appetizer coated in. Sauces, if speaking about them generally, are much easy if bought. However, buying one will never be a win-win compared to a homemade one. You need some two steps and a bunch of ingredients to assemble and enjoy next to anything. Whether meat, fresh veggies, or seafood, this sauce will always pair great.
It is called bang bang sauce due to its bursting/banging aromas in the mouth. Some bursting flavors are full of different tastes, from sweet to spiciness.
What is bang bang sauce?
This sauce is a sweet, spicy dip with a variety of add-inns having a sweet and savory final taste. A bowl of creaminess to enjoy with some grilled shrimp, meat, or other dishes.
Let’s dive into the recipe and see what do you need:
- Mayonnaise, here the best, the better. It adds creaminess and pairs great with the rest of the ingredients.
- Plain yogurt for freshness
- Sweet chili sauce adds sweetness and sourness to the sauce.
- Sriracha adds spiciness and is a must ingredient. If you don’t have it, you can replace it with some Tobasco drops.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Seasoning after tasting as the Worcestershire sauce is super salty, so this is why I don’t add spices at all.
How to make:
Take a medium bowl and, step by step, add all ingredients.
Gently mix, and whisk until everything has incorporated and looks like a sauce.
Use right away.
Some tips for a better sauce
If it is too spicy, add a little more mayo and mix
Add honey to balance a sweet and savory taste
Be sure to refrigerate it for at least 1 hour to meld all ingredients and have a nice-looking firm sauce.
Bang Bang Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce