Last Updated on March 27, 2020 by Cookie
Everybody loves to eat, especially when it comes to an extremely juicy cheeseburger. Nothing screams more of an irresistible burger stuffed with a lot of cheese.
A tasty cheeseburger is sometimes all you need to satisfy your feelings and tastes. I can’t eat a burger every day, but when I want a super delish bite it will definitely be one made at home of the best ground meat and lots of cheese. The best homemade burgers are much better than bought ones as you can add any healthy ingredients you want. For example, I adore lots of cheese and caramelized onions whether I make any kinds of burgers. While, my husband adores chilli peppers, hot sauces, and lots of pickles. Evidently, when we have burgers out we eat them as they are. However, when I cook them at home lots of add-ins are added. Burgers are kids-friendly, so this dish often saves me and my time. When I make the ground meat for the burgers, I freeze an amount for other days. This easy and simple technique saves me time and effort. When I want to cook the patties, I defrost them overnight and fry them some minutes before serving.
These juicy homemade cheeseburgers are worth staying at home with family and savouring them.
Perfectly seasoned and grilled ground meat, covered with melting cheese, topped with pickles, red onion, ketchup, and mayonnaise – all these ingredients encased in soft buns. What else can you dream more than to enjoy your favourite takeaway version made at home? This dish is ideal for family nights or parties at home. These cheeseburgers made at home are irresistibly juicy, packed with flavours and aromas, a little greasy but truly addictive. Serve these best cheeseburgers with some chips, French fries, or a healthy salad.
How to make the best cheeseburger?
Over years of experience, I have learnt that the best juicy patties are made in the simplest way. They need no master-chef experience, yet all you need to know is to have the best quality ground meat. This is the key to one of the most delicious cheeseburgers.
The best-cooked burger patties need the best ground meat (beef, or a mix made of beef and pork), seasoning and a good grill skillet. I have to admit that many of the burgers I make at home are made at the grill outside in the garden. The aroma and taste really differ as the patties made at the fire are much tastier than the one fried inside your kitchen.
The ingredients you need to assemble a cheeseburger:
- Ground meat: I have used a mixture of beef and pork as I adore fatty patties. The fattier, the juicier and better the cheeseburger will be.
- Seasoning: add salt and pepper a good amount as the ground meat likes to be seasoned.
- 2 Brioche buns.
- Olive oil: grease the grill skillet with some drops of olive oil before frying the patties.
- Cheese: I have used 2 types of cheese; cheddar and Gouda.
- Pickles: I have used 2 medium pickles, but you can use the amount you like.
- Tomato: round slices of 1 tomato.
- Red onion: cut round slices of onion.
- Lettuce: I have used some leaves of the lettuce to make it healthier and easier to digest. But it is optional.
- For greasing: I have greased one side of the bun with ketchup and another part with mayonnaise.
Take a bowl and add the ground meat with the seasoning. Add breadcrumbs, eggs, or other species if you want your patties more flavorful. I try to always keep it simple. Meat, salt, and pepper are all I need to make delicious burger patties. Take a small amount of meat in your hands and gently roll it and flatten to your desired size. I make medium patties. On a heated skillet add some drops of oil and fry the patties about 8-10 minutes on each side. Try not to press the meat during cooking as this process will push out all the juices. When the patties are cooked, take the soft buns and warm them a little on the skillet with the fat juice remained from the burger patties. I adore warming them this way as they absorb the fat juice and have a tasty aroma.
Start layering the cheeseburger. To obtain one of the gooiest, delicious, and flavorful burgers top the cheese on the patties to let it melt completely over the meat.
Once you have one of the best patties with melting cheese top it on one side of the bun, greased with ketchup. Start layering as you like. I like to add fresh red onion, cherries, pickles and lots of cheese. It is a simple process, but truly enjoyable and tasty.
What is the difference between a cheeseburger and a burger?
There isn’t a big difference between a burger and a cheeseburger. The only difference lays in the added cheese to the meat that makes the whole difference. The cheese that can be of different kinds and tastes. I have tried a brie cheeseburger with garlic and it was fantastic and delicious. I found it really interesting and a good combination. Also, the variations of the burgers differ of the country you may try as many countries like to add lots of spices, different toppings like a pear with brie, different meat cooking techniques, but the basic lay in its simplicity of arranging meat with different add-ins.
What to serve with cheeseburgers?
A delicious and good cheeseburger sometimes needs nothing to be complete. But, I still opt for a healthy green salad or French fries aside the burger. Some chips are optional but also go perfect with a juicy and tender cheeseburger. Roasted veggies may also complement a good tasting cheeseburger.
- Use either beef ground meat or a mix with pork. The pork fat will only make better and juicer your patties while cooking. You can also use turkey ground meat if you want it more dietary.
- Cheese here is optional. Use any kind you like.
- For the filling, you can use any veggies, greenies you like, as well as sauces. Many like mustard instead of mayonnaise or ketchup.
The Best Juicy Cheeseburger
- grill skillet
- 300 gr ground meat
- 6-8 slices cheese
- 2 brioche buns
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 2 medium pickles
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Take a bowl and add the ground meat with the seasoning. Take a small amount of meat in your hands and gently roll it and flatten to your desired size. I make medium patties.
- On a heated skillet add some drops of oil and fry the patties about 8-10 minutes on each side. Try not to press the meat during cooking as this process will push out all the juices. Top the cheese over the meat to melt.
- Take the buns and warm them a little on the skillet with the fat juice remained from the burger patties.
- Start layering the cheeseburger. Add fresh round slices of red onion, cherries, lettuce, pickles and lots of cheese. Grease one side of the bun with ketchup and another part of the bun with mayonnaise. Assemble all together.
- Serve immediately with chips, French fries, or a fresh salad.