Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins is that perfect dessert you can have at breakfast, as a snack, or simply as a sweet treat. The muffins are made easy with refrigerated dough, fresh blueberries, and cream cheese.
Blueberries are one of my all-time favorite berries. Their sweet-sour taste and seedless consistency make them so versatile and perfect for making desserts. Depending on my mood and time availability, I choose to bake the Blueberry Breakfast Cake or fry the French Toast Roll-Ups when blueberries are in a full season at a very accessible price. Recently I discovered these blueberry muffins that were a masterstroke and my kids fell in love with them from the first bite.
The reason I love this recipe is that it is made with only a few ingredients and because I can devour it in a maximum of one hour from the moment I start cooking it. Also, the muffins are equally delicious when served warm or cold. The creamy heart and sweet-sour taste enveloped in a crispy baked dough is the right balance of texture and flavors.
Ingredients for Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins
This delicious dessert of blueberry muffins is made with ingredients one can always have on hand. It is one of those recipes that cost a few dollars but are worth a million. Here is what you need to make the easy blueberry cheesecake muffins for the times you crave something sweet:
- refrigerated dough or crescent rolls (defrosted, at room temperature). You can also use puff pastry but I like it with more cream than with more dough. It is up to you. Use whatever you have available.
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- fresh blueberries or blueberry jam
- butter (melted)
- brown sugar
- sugar powder for dusting
You will also need a muffin pan for at least 6 pieces. The muffin pan is perfect for this recipe as it will keep the filling inside the dough. The thing that allows the muffins to have a beautiful shape and inviting aspect.
How to prepare the cream?
Have I already mentioned how much I adore this recipe? I suppose I have. The cream is so easy to prepare and it doesn’t require any special skills or tools. Just use a bowl to mix in the cream cheese with vanilla extract and sugar. Blend everything using a spoon. You can taste the filling, if you like the desserts even sweeter, add a bit more of the sugar.
Note: Use room-temperature cream cheese, it will allow better absorption of the sugar and it will be easier to work with.
How to make the Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins
Make sure the refrigerated dough is fully defrosted. Unroll the rolled dough and use the point of a sharp knife to cut the dough into 6 or 8 equal squares (depending on the muffin pan capacity).
Gently place one dough square on your palm and press it into the middle of it. Add one tablespoon of the cream cheese filling in the center then top with 1-2 tablespoons of blueberries (depending on the blueberry size). Lift one corner of the dough and pinch with the opposite corner. Seal all the corners well and gently roll the dough between your palms to create a shape similar to a ball.
Put the roll into the muffin pan seal side down and repeat the procedure with all the square dough until you’re done. Melt some butter and use a brush to cover all the balls with melted butter. Finally, sprinkle some brown sugar on top of all the muffins and it’s ready to be sent to the blistering oven.
How to bake the Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins
Bake the blueberry cheesecake muffins in a preheated oven at 350F. Preheat the oven for at least 10 minutes. Once you insert the muffin tray into the oven, allow for it to bake for 18-20 minutes at the same temperature of 350F. Do not open the oven door in the meantime so as to avoid losing heat.
As soon as the time expires, take out the beautifully golden muffins and let them cool for another 5-10 minutes before serving.
How to serve the Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins
Serve the blueberry cheesecake muffins hot or cold. If you prefer the muffins hot, then you definitely must pair them with a nice scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream. By the way, this ice cream recipe is also very easy to prepare, you will be impressed.
You can enjoy this dessert for breakfast or after a nice dinner. Or simply when you wish to spoil yourself or your dear ones with something so delicious.
Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins
- muffin pan
- 8 oz crescent dough
- 1.5 cup blueberries
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar dusting optional
- Use a bowl to mix in the cream cheese with vanilla extract and sugar. Blend everything using a spoon
- Make sure the refrigerated dough is fully defrosted. Unroll the rolled dough and use the point of a sharp knife to cut the dough into 6 or 8 equal squares (depending on the muffin pan capacity)
- Place one dough square on your palm and press it into the middle of it. Add one tablespoon of the cream cheese filling in the center then top with 1-2 tablespoons of blueberries (depending on the blueberry size)
- Lift one corner of the dough and pinch with the opposite corner. Seal all the corners well and gently roll the dough between your palms to create a shape similar to a ball
- Put the roll into the muffin pan seal side down and repeat the procedure with all the square dough until you're done
- Melt some butter and use a brush to coat all the balls with melted butter
- Sprinkle some brown sugar on top of all the muffins
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven at 350F for 18-20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes then serve with pleasure