Creamy garlic salmon is the best alternative to meat recipes. Healthy, delicious, creamy, and simple to cook.
Salmon is always the best and most frequently used ingredient on meatless days. Some qualitative salmon with veggies or in cream, just like my recipe, is a must in every house.
Salmon pairs great with anything. It is one of the easiest to find fish available in any market. Salmon in creamy garlic sauce is finger-liking. This fish is dry if baked or fried, but in sauce with garlic and lemon juice, and zest is simply mouth-watering. I adore fish but have to admit that salmon, I cook more frequently. If I bake this fish, then I like to obtain crispy skin with a smooth and soft texture inside.
Salmon isn’t a difficult to cook dish; moreover, it pairs great with anything. This recipe is simple to make and truly delicious. The creamy sauce with fish is one of our favourite dishes cooked at home.
How to choose salmon?
The best salmon to savour is the wild one caught in the ocean. Okay, I know this is a hard thing and an expensive one, but if you still have the opportunity to find such fresh wild salmon, then you are a lucky one. In the markets, you can buy salmon raised on farms. So keep in mind that choosing fish, especially salmon is essential to pay attention to the smell, freshness, and colour. It should have a nice red/orange colour, but not a very bright orange colour. You can check some other salmon recipes like: Salmon quiche recipe, Salmon soup, Glazed Salmon with Teriyaki sauce and others.
The creamy garlic salmon recipe is low-carb and also a keto-friendly recipe to enjoy on any diet.
If you want a restaurant like a dish with a luxurious touch, then this dish can be one to show to your friends.
It looks nice, tastes fabulous, and is very hearty. Very easy and quick to make, but the result is fantastic and tasty.
The sauce makes it all. And the secret to making a delicious tasting sauce lies in adding species, some wine, love and patience. Salmon is a good fish but tasteless and dry; however, a creamy garlic/lemon sauce makes it taste out of this world.
You can serve this recipe as it is, or next to anything like mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, polenta, rice, or buckwheat. Anything as a side dish will be great and tasty.
- Salmon – the fresher, the best. It should be skinless, and try to choose steak parts as they are tastier. Always fry salmon skin side up to obtain a crispy, nice-looking piece of salmon.
- Heavy cream – here, the fatty the best, and I usually try to buy 33% fat as I like the consistency and how it makes the sauces taste even better. Here you can go your way.
- Oil&butter – I like to add some butter in the heavy cream as it adds the sauce a nice texture, aroma, and flavour. I use oil only to fry the fish.
- Garlic – more garlic is better. I use a good amount of minced cloves of garlic.
- Lemon – some lemon juice and zest add freshness and a touch of personality.
- Seasoning – salt and pepper are a must. But, you can easily add any other species you have. For example, I try to marinate the fish for some minutes in a lot of cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Greenies for garnish.
How to make creamy garlic salmon?
Nothing too complicated, but a tasting and delicious recipe to make any time of the year. Every secret in making the best recipe is to adjust seasoning at the taste and to avoid over burnt fish. A creamy sauce with salmon is a tasting and delicious dish to enjoy the moment.
Pan-sear the salmon in a little oil until it is nicely cooked. I fry skin side up to obtain a crispy piece of salmon. Try to fry the salmon on medium heat in a non-stick skillet.
Fry the fish for some 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on another side. Set aside.
In the same skillet with a bonus of salmon flavours, throw some butter. Add the minced cloves of garlic, pour the heavy cream and add some lemon juice. I like to add some pepper flakes for spiciness. Stir frequently and cook for some 4 minutes until it thickens a little. Watch the video below:
Once ready, add back the salmon and some chopped parsley.
Turn off the heat and let it sit for 2 minutes to synchronise all aromas.
Take a plate and serve next to anything.
For note: I like to buy only salmon steak parts, so I marinate them for about 30 minutes in spices, where cayenne is the main ingredient, lemon juice and zest, and a tbsp of olive oil. Let it absorb all aromas.
Next time I will show you another salmon dish topped with butter and herbs. A fabulous and finger-licking recipe that is also a must to try.
Creamy Garlic Salmon
- 5 pieces salmon
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pinch pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon
- Pan-sear the salmon in a little oil until it is nicely cooked. I fry skin side up to obtain a crispy piece of salmon. Try to fry the salmon on medium heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Fry the fish for some 5 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on another side. Set aside.
- In the same skillet with a bonus of salmon flavours, throw some butter. Add the minced cloves of garlic, pour the heavy cream and add some lemon juice.
- Stir frequently and cook for some 4 minutes until it thickens a little.
- Once ready, add back the salmon and some chopped parsley. Turn off the heat and let it sit for 2 minutes to synchronise all aromas.
Thanks For Sharing this amazing recipe. My family loved it. I will be sharing this recipe with my friends. Hope the will like it.
Hey Ashok, so glad you liked it! Come back for more delicious recipes!
Absolutely delicious recipe! The salmon was so creamy and flavourful! Thank you for the tips and tricks along the way to maximise the aromas, they really helped!
So nice you liked and enjoyed our salmon recipe.