Homemade Ice Cream is the quintessential and super delicious summer sweet indulgence.
I scream for ice cream are my daughter’s words all summer long.
It was, is, and will always be everyone’s sweet treat.
Ice cream is the favourite product that everyone has tasted in life, at least once. It is one of the most common sweet treats made of different add-ins, flavours, and aromas. We all love ice creams, especially in summer when it is so hot and sunny – nothing screams more satisfaction than a refreshing ice cream.
But how about homemade ice cream?
Well, you may think, why spend time making it at home when you have so many selections in stores?
You may be right. I have to admit that I also buy ice creams, which is the easier way to instantly enjoy the moment.
Also, I have to say that it was a challenge for me to make ice cream at home. It assembles quick, you can personalise it your way, and moreover, I did it with my daughter, and it was such a fun.
This homemade ice cream recipe is fast and quick to make. Nothing too complicated or hard, just two ingredients and et voila – your ice cream is ready to be savoured.
I didn’t use any hardeners, and the trick in making it look and taste like natural ice cream is in the patience of mixing well the heavy cream.
Many homemade recipes may be boring as they use tons of ingredients, eggs, but this is such a long process. I have read many recipes until I have found the easier and less boring recipe.
Just two ingredients a fatty, heavy cream and condensed milk, and your ice cream is done.
Here you can add any add-ins such as fresh fruits, nuts, chocolate chips or M&Ms or anything you like.
I kept it simple as I like white ice cream topped with anything. I have added just some strawberry slices, optional.
Many ice cream recipes are available nowadays. You can find your version and make it to your liking. I have discovered my easy recipe, and do you know what? It was fantastically delicious, soft, tender, creamy, and sweet.
If talking about the sweet, I like sweet enough ice creams, but you can adjust sweetness at your liking. I didn’t use sugar or icing sugar, just condensed milk.
- Heavy cream – here, you have to choose the fattier one that has no less than 30% of fat. It should be of the best quality.
- Condensed milk – this is my childhood memory, and this is why I have opted for this ingredient instead of sugar or any other sweeteners.
How to make homemade ice cream?
Nothing too complicated and on the contrary, simple, easy, and fun.
Take your mixer and pour the heavy cream. Mix at a high speed for no less than 5 minutes. It should look like a creamy/ fluffy paste that shouldn’t fall.
When the texture is as in my video below, start to add condensed milk little by little and try it at taste to avoid a too intense sweet taste. Usually, I use 1/2cup of condensed milk.
Mix well until all the products have been incorporated. Add some freshly cut fruits or nuts, optional.
Take a cling film and cover the pot where you have mixed the ingredients.
Freeze overnight to be sure it is appropriately cold and firm.
Take some nice glasses and scoop one or two balls.
Top anything on, or enjoy it as it is.
Amazingly delicious and simple to make.
Make some sweet summertime memories with this fantastic homemade ice cream recipe. All your family will enjoy and savour this heavenly tasty ice cream.
- You can add some vanilla extract for a more intense aroma.
- Personalise it your way as you won’t go wrong.
- Many recipes suggest eggs while mixing all the ingredients, well it is optional.
Homemade Ice Scream with Strawberries
- hand mixer
- 1 pack heavy cream
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- Take your mixer and pour the heavy cream. Mix at a high speed for no less than 5 minutes. It should look like a creamy/ fluffy paste that shouldn't fall.
- Pour condensed milk little by little and try it at taste to avoid a too intense sweet taste. Usually, I use 1/2cup of condensed milk.
- Mix well until all the products have been incorporated. Add strawberry slices.
- Take a cling film and cover the pot where you have mixed the ingredients.
- Freeze overnight to be sure it is appropriately cold and firm.
- Take some nice glasses and scoop one or two balls.