This fluffy cake filled with fresh blueberries is easy to bake and hard to stop eating. It’s very delicious, quite airy and there is no fuss about it. You can serve a slice of blueberry cake for breakfast, as a snack, as a dessert, with a cup of coffee or tea.
Many of you, who follow DeliceRecipes for some time, probably know that I just adore cream cheese. Deserts, appetizers, main dishes – you will find it everywhere. I also adore breakfasts and sometimes I crave dessert for it. So, today’s recipe is about my craving. Cream cheese, sweet blueberries, a lot of butter, combines in this amazing and fabulous blueberry breakfast cake. For me, it is the perfect pairing.
Now I can say that I managed to make one of my best cakes.
Blueberry Breakfast Cake:
Sunday breakfasts have never tasted so sweet and lingering. An authentic, rustic, and truly mouthwatering blueberry cake can make me a morning-like person.
A cup of good coffee served with a piece of homemade blueberry cake for breakfast is sometimes everything I scream for. That smell and that flavor are simply irresistible. My kitchen is warm and cozy thanks to such great tasting blueberry cake.
This bright and fruity flavored cake is just a perfect combination of sweet, soft, and fluffy cake mixed with fresh berries. This great dessert cake recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings and will put a smile on your face.
In my family sweeties or cookies are never too much. We really love eating them, in small portions of course, and I love cooking them. I simply love that aroma in the kitchen that makes me so happy.
This blueberry cake burst with juicy and sweet berries, with a pronounced taste of butter, creates an amazing unique feeling and taste. What I adore about this great blueberry cake is the quick way you mix all the ingredients, 40 min on baking, and et voila your breakfast is more than just a restaurant-looking like. It is wonderful and magical.
Can I Substitute Frozen Blueberries for Baking?
Definitely, you can substitute fresh blueberry with frozen once. When using frozen blueberries, I usually thaw them just a little. Then before adding blueberries to the cakes batter toss them with a full 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Anyway, there is no need to thaw berries. You can also add frozen berries, but add 1-2 tbsp of flour to the batter.
When using fresh blueberries, I use to toss them in a little flour. This will help keep berries from sinking straight to the bottom of the pan.
Ingredients for the Blueberry Breakfast Cake:
To make this blueberry cake moist and fluffy, there are few little secrets, which I invite you to discover in the following recipe.
To make the process of baking easier and faster I like to prepare and measure all ingredients needed for the recipe. So pin the recipe and save for your next shopping:
- All-purpose flour – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 12 oz
- Cream cheese – 8 oz
- Granulated sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Eggs – 5
- Fresh blueberries – 2 cups
Make sure you have all ingredients at room temperature. Butter should be well softened, as you can beat it well with sugar. Use full-fat cream cheese as it adds moisture to this breakfast cake. Add eggs one at a time, allowing each to fully incorporate.
An important thing that must be taken into consideration is measuring ingredients correctly.
How to make Blueberry Breakfast Cake?
Today I am sharing with you a super-moist flavorful blueberry breakfast cake. Blueberries will make it spectacular, both in taste and aspect. The pleasant contrast of color, vibrant purple, and pale yellow make a very successful combination.
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease the cake pan with butter and dust some brown sugar or extra flour to avoid sticking.
First, in a bowl sift all-purpose flour. Then whisk in dry ingredients: baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Now you will need your stand mixer or electric hand mixer. So in a bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment pour soften unsalted butter and cream cheese. Start creaming them together until light and fluffy. It will take you about 3 minutes. Then gradually add in this mixture sugar. Keep beating for about 3 more minutes until the butter mixture will be light in color and will look fluffy. Then, you will whisk in eggs. Add them one at a time. When eggs are fully incorporated start adding the flour mixture, and whisk at low speed until just combined.
Now is time to stir in the blueberries. Pour them over the cake batter and mix gently with a silicone spatula.
Pour the cake batter into a prepared pan and spread it around. Bake on the middle rack for about 45- 50 minutes. Before removing the blueberry cake from the oven I always test the cake for doneness with a toothpick.
How to serve Blueberry Breakfast Cake?
I like to make this blueberry cake for different parties as it comes together quickly and is perfect for an un-planned company. Having a dense texture but at the same time being moist this blueberry cake is perfectly satisfying. It is a perfectly balanced taste, being not too sweet and not too tangy.
If I am preparing the cake for breakfast I serve it without any kind of frosting. A spoon of yogurt or extra cream cheese will pair perfectly to this luscious cake.
- You can easily substitute blueberries with other seasonal fruits. However, I guarantee you that you will be going to love blueberries much more when serving this delicious cake.
- You can easily make this breakfast cake without adding berries or fruit. You will get a moist and fluffy buttery cake.
Flawless Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- stand mixer
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 12 oz unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese full-fat
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease the cake pan with butter and dust some brown sugar or extra flour to avoid sticking.
- First, in a bowl sift all-purpose flour. Then whisk in dry ingredients: baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment pour soften unsalted butter and cream cheese. Start creaming them together until light and fluffy. It will take you about 3 minutes. Then gradually add in this mixture sugar. Keep beating for about 3 more minutes until the butter mixture will be light in color and will look fluffy.
- Then, you will whisk in eggs. Add them one at a time. When eggs are fully incorporated start adding the flour mixture, and whisk at low speed until just combined.
- Pour blueberries over the cake batter and mix gently with a silicone spatula.
- Pour the cake batter into a prepared pan and spread it around. Bake on the middle rack for about 45- 50 minutes.
- Serve with pleasure!