The gluten-free macaroni and cheese recipe is as delicious, creamy, and cheesy as the traditional praised Mac and Cheese recipe. Moreover, this luscious pasta recipe is done in 15 minutes only. The creamy and satisfying result is obtained so fast in a few easy steps, no baking involved.
Why cook gluten-free macaroni and cheese when you already have a perfect mac and cheese recipe? What if I told you that with this mac and cheese recipe you have a healthier version that is cooked easier and faster. Forget about baking dishes and preheated oven, this mac and cheese recipe is your friend in need.
Also, the gluten-free pasta will perfectly suit the plates of those who have to restrain themselves from eating wheat produce. As you can see, it is a healthier version of the traditional mac and cheese. Keep scrolling, I promise this recipe is with your time and attention.
Ingredients for gluten-free macaroni and cheese
The defining ingredients for this exquisite recipe are the macaroni and the cheese. First, if you want your dish gluten-free, shop for such pasta. Also, pay attention to the shape of your macaroni, they should be rather small and should be shaped so for the cheese coating to stick better to each of the pasta grain. You can choose between a wide variety of gluten-free pasta such as brown rice pasta, chickpea pasta, quinoa pasta, and multi-grain pasta. these are all suitable and when combined with the cheese sauce, the result is an astonishingly delicious dish.
Also, for the sauce, you will need heavy cream and spices such as granulated garlic, Dujoin mustard, and smoked paprika. Don’t skip the salt and the pepper, the doses are at your own discretion.
As for what it takes the cheese, chose one of the semi-hard cheeses such as Cheddar, Gouda, Havarti & Gruyère. Any of them will perfectly provide the pasta with the so craved for creaminess and finesse.
How to cook gluten-free pasta?
The gluten-free pasta is made up of flours characterized by reactions and cooking times that require special treatment during preparation. Being gluten-free preparations, these types of pasta may lack elasticity and cohesion and often risk falling apart easily during their cooking. Follow a few simple steps in order to obtain the optimal result, both in terms of consistency and flavor:
- Cook gluten-free pasta in plenty of water, in a higher quantity than that normally used to cook pasta with gluten.
while cooking, mix a little and very gently.
- Anticipate the cooking times usually indicated on the packages by a couple of minutes. If the pasta is still too al dente, let it rest with the heat off. Remember to always taste the pasta.
- Always keep a little cooking water: it can be very useful for lengthening the sauce and preventing the dish from becoming too dry.
- One last important recommendation is related to the risk of contamination. If you have to prepare pasta with and without gluten at the same time, remember to use different pots and tools. Otherwise, the gluten-free pasta will soak in the gluten from the water and you will not get the needed result.
Follow these simple hacks and you will get delicious and healthy pasta with an appealing aspect.
How to prepare the cheese sauce
Different from the traditional mac and cheese made with a sauce with butter and flour (containing gluten), this sauce recipe is also gluten-free. Moreover, it is very simple to cook the cheese sauce and will take only a couple of minutes, literally.
As a first thing, you will need a saucepan. Pour in about 6-8 oz of heavy cream and heat it up. Add one tablespoon of Dijon mustard, paprika, and granulated garlic, and stir in all the ingredients. Finally, grate about 2 cups of semi-hard cheese and mix it well in the flavored heavy cream. Taste for salt and pepper and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
The delicious sauce is ready and you can now mix in the ingredients to get the creamiest glute-free mac and cheese.
How to make gluten-free mac and cheese?
As soon as you have the gluten-free pasta ready and the simmering gluten-free cheese sauce also done, pour the pasta into the saucepan or into a different pot and mix well. The pasta will be beautifully coated in the cheese mixture and will soak in all the fine aromas. Let the pasta rest for a couple of minutes before serving as for it to blend better.
How to serve gluten-free mac and cheese?
Serve the pasta in a deep bowl while still how. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top for more taste and accompany the dish with a fresh salad such as Succulent Country Style Tomato Salad or Creamy Tomato Salad. Enjoy every bite of the gluten-free mac and cheese!
Easy & Cheesy Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free pasta dry
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Boil and salt the water for gluten-free pasta. Cook the pasta according to package instructions
- In the meantime cook the sauce. Heat up the heavy cream in a saucepan. Add the spices and mix
- Add the shredded cheese and mix until well incorporated. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes on low heat
- Drain the pasta and add it to the cheese sauce and mix well
- Let rest 1-2 minutes before serving with the lid on
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle extra cheese on top