Cooked in under 30 minutes, the gluten-free Coconut Curry Noodles with Veggies is a fragrant and delicate weeknight meal.
The coconut curry noodles with veggies recipe is about fresh and delicate vegetables cooked with garlicky coconut sauce and mixed with rice noodles. Simple yet delicious, the noodle dish can be served as a vegan main or paired with a protein dish. It is a dish to consider when looking for gluten-free and vegan recipes, in other words, when going for healthy dishes.
Also, the recipe is super versatile and calls for a simple list of ingredients that can be easily adapted to your preferences. You can use other veggies than the ones indicated in the recipe and a more strong taste of curry. Moreover, if you like noodles recipes, here are a few for you not to miss:
- Pan fried noodles
- Sesame soba noodles
- Stir-fry with noodles
- Ramen noodles
- Classic chicken noodle soup
The curry-coconut milk combination is one of my favorites because of how well the tastes complement each other. The earthy, spicy, and warming curry combined with creamy, rich, and sweet coconut milk is a symphony of taste. As a result, other ingredients are guests and play as secondary actors in the play of our delicious Coconut Curry Noodles with Veggies recipe.
Ingredients for Coconut Curry Noodles with Veggies
The list of necessary products for this delicious recipe is mainly characteristic of Thai recipes, or Asian in general. It is a rather simple combination and it doesn’t require any special skills or knowledge. You may adjust the recipe to your taste if you feel there is something you need to change to fit your preferences. For instance, if you don’t like champignons, you can use shiitake mushrooms, or skip them.
- sunflower oil, or other vegetable oil
- red curry paste for strong spiciness. If you like a milder taste go for the yellow curry paste
- resh garlic
- fresh ginger
- coconut milk for cooking, full-fat
- water, hot water to be added to the noodles
- rice noodles
- bell pepper
- fresh basil
How to cook Coconut Curry Noodles with Veggies
Begin the cooking process by preparing the veggies. Wash and slice the bell pepper into thin strips. Then clean and slice the mushrooms. Heat up a large pan, drizzle the oil, and cook the veggies on high heat for about 3-4 minutes.
Use kitchen tongs to remove the veggies and set them aside. Use the same pan to saute the minced garlic along with the minced ginger. Reduce the heat to low and stir often. Cook them for about 1 minute then pour the coconut milk and the curry paste and stir. As soon as the curry-coconut sauce starts simmering add the previously cooked veggies to the pan.
Cook everything for additional 5 minutes on medium-low heat then add the noodles to the pan. Pour about 3-4 cup of hot water so that the noodles soak in the liquids. Gently stir and cook until the noodles are done. Then, simply transfer the noodles into a wide bowl to stop the cooking process.
How to serve coconut curry noodles?
Garnish the creamy spicy coconut noodles with some basil leaves and squeeze the juice of half a lime for extra freshness. Serve this beautiful, colorful, and delicious dish as they are or next to a salad such as the Asian-style cucumber salad, cucumber & avocado salad, or this healthy version of the cabbage salad. Hope this recipe of coconut curry noodles will warm up your belly and heart just like it did with us!
Coconut Curry Noodles with Veggies
- 1 can coconut milk full-fat
- 1 lb rice noodles
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 4-5 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3-4 leaves fresh basil
- 1/2 lime for its juice
- 3 cups hot water or more, as much as the noodles require to be perfectly cooked
- Slice the mushrooms and cut the bell pepper into thin stripes
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the veggies on high heat for approx. 3 minutes. Salt to taste
- Remove the veggies from the pan and set aside
- Use the same pan to sautee the minced garlic and ginger on low heat for 1 minute
- Pour the coconut milk and add the curry paste
- Add the sauteed veggies back to the pan
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes on medium-low heat
- Add the rice noodles and add the water. Salt to taste
- Stir and cook noodles to perfection then remove from the stove
- Drizzle with lime juice, garnish with fresh basil
- Serve with pleasure