Lemon/Garlic Asparagus Pasta is an easy weeknight recipe packed with proteins and bursting flavours. Some grated parmesan will coat this dish with a more lingering aroma and flavour.
Pasta with asparagus is one of the greatest duos I like to enjoy. Pasta with some parmesan goes more than ideal; asparagus adds the healthy bites, and lemon with garlic add freshness and flavours.
Generally speaking, pasta pairs great with everything. Anything you will mix with any kind of pasta will be great and tasty. However, for today I have opted for a simple combo made of pasta with asparagus as its asparagus season; it is fresh, soft, and tender. So why not make more asparagus recipes at home.
Asparagus is a healthy veggie, and you can eat it both raw or cooked. I like asparagus in many dishes as it is so versatile and tasty.
You can check some of my popular asparagus recipes:
- Asparagus with Shrimp
- Tender Asparagus Wrapped in Bacon
- Asparagus in Soups
- Cheesy Asparagus in Bakery
This lemon/garlicky asparagus pasta bursts spring flavours and colours. Garnish some pine nuts or top some grated parmesan, and your dish is ready to be enjoyed.
For this recipe, I have boiled asparagus just for some minutes. I wanted it mild, tender, and a little soft, but not too much. I like the crunchy asparagus mixed with garlicky pasta as they create such nice aromas and tastes. This is a simple recipe to enjoy any time of the day, moreover, next to anything. You can pair it with some roasted or baked fish or meat.
What kind of pasta to use?
I have used fusilli as I had them available in different colours, and I like how they look on a platter. You can opt for penne, farfalle, pipe rigate or sedani regati. For this simple dish, you have to choose some small-size pasta that looks nice along with a cut in three asparagus.
Do you cook asparagus before putting it in pasta?
Yes, I have boiled it al dente, some 3 minutes just to make it soft and tender, but not too much. I still wanted them firm and nice-looking.
How to cook asparagus: when water boils, add asparagus and boil it for some minutes until soft and tender. Drain water and add it to the skillet with pasta.
The secret of making this dish tasting finger-licking is simple: make the creamy sauce of lemon and garlic in a lot of butter. Butter with lemon zest and garlic is magical and flavourful. I assure you will adore this dish instantly.
How to make lemon/garlic asparagus pasta?
Spring is all about fresh and tender asparagus, so it is a pity not to use it in many dishes.
Why pasta with asparagus? Simple, my family and my daughter especially adore pasta, so along with some healthy veggies, this recipe is a winner on the table.
For this easy dish, you will need the following ingredients:
- 8 oz ( 250gr) fusilli
- One bunch of fresh asparagus cut into three
- One lemon
- Ten cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup butter (100 gr or 3.5 oz)
- Basil optional
Take a large board and cut asparagus in three.
On medium heat, sautee in butter cloves of garlic and lemon zest.
Meanwhile, boil in salted water asparagus and separately pasta – al dente.
Watch the video below.
Add asparagus followed by pasta to the skillet and gently mix. Grate parmesan and mix well to incorporate all aromas and flavours. Serve immediately warm.
How to store pasta asparagus?
If you have some leftover, you can easily pour it into an airtight container and store it until the next day. Warm in a microwave or oven for 2-3 minutes and enjoy.
I never have leftover pasta in my house as my daughter is a pasta fan, so I only have empty plates to wash.
- Add heavy cream or sour cream to the skillet full of butter and garlic. It will make your dish creamier.
- Skip asparagus and add beans or cherries.
- You can add meat to this dish, and it will be more hearty and satisfying. Chicken, duck, or turkey will be okay.
- Pasta forms here is optional and diverse. Use any kind you like or have in your kitchen.
- Top nuts for more healthiness.
Lemon Garlic Asparagus Pasta
- cutting board
- 1/2 pack fusilli pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 cup butter
- Take a large board and cut asparagus in three.
- On medium heat, sautee in butter cloves of garlic and lemon zest.
- Meanwhile, boil in salted water asparagus and separately pasta - al dente.
- Add asparagus followed by pasta to the skillet and gently mix.
- Grate parmesan and mix well to incorporate all aromas and flavours.
- Serve immediately warm. Enjoy!