Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus is a crispy and delicious side dish or appetiser to enjoy next to anything. Asparagus in bacon is a special treat and a delightful way to savour salty/crunchy bacon.
Because it is Spring, it is Asparagus season!
Asparagus is one of my family’s favourite veggie that is so delicious in many recipes. Either in a bakery, roasted, or baked, asparagus is a versatile veggie that pairs so great with many other ingredients. Asparagus spears are slightly caramelised and tastier wrapped in bacon.
If generally speaking about asparagus, it isn’t pungent and doesn’t have a pronounced taste. However, wrapped in bacon, it gets another level of savouriness and deliciousness. The crispy/salty Italian best quality bacon/or pancetta, as in my case, adds tons of flavours and aroma. It makes asparagus look and taste amazing.
Simple and delicious, this dish can make your party table look fabulous and restaurant-like.
Grilled or roasted asparagus is a healthy veggie, like many others, that is useful and tasty to eat. Moreover, because now it is spring, we can enjoy some of the best-tasting and fresh asparagus fresh or cooked.
Salty, crispy, and flavourful, this bacon-wrapped asparagus is quick to make, is low carb, and perfect if you follow a keto diet menu. I have tried some other veggies wrapped in bacon; however, asparagus is one of the best options. The technique is simple, and the frying process is fast. So, keep in mind that for this recipe, I haven’t boiled asparagus. On the contrary, I like them soft, but not too much.
What is the healthiest way to eat asparagus?
Asparagus is a healthy veggie that can be eaten both raw or cooked. You can easily add it raw in salads, but in a bakery or roasted, you should use it cooked. Asparagus is a nutritious veggie; no matter how you eat it, and if you haven’t tried it raw, I advise you to try it as you will enjoy a bowl of healthy salad.
Do you wash asparagus before roasting?
Yes, I splash it in water to avoid dirties. If I buy fresh and good quality asparagus, I don’t peel off the skin, just trim the ends. However, if it is winter and it isn’t that fresh as I would like it to be, I can shave off some of its skin. Dry-pat it with a kitchen towel to avoid a messy skillet and stove if you are roasting or sauteing it.
Dishes that Pair Perfectly With Asparagus:
Asparagus pairs excellent with many ingredients as well as dishes. For example:
- Asparagus in soups tastes unreal and fabulous. You can check my recipe here.
- Asparagus next to roasted in sriracha shrimp is one of our family’s favourite dish. See the recipe here.
- Asparagus in the bakery has a soft and tender texture pairing heavenly with a lot of cheese.
- Asparagus with mushrooms make a great-tasting frittata.
- Fried asparagus and topped on toasted bread, a simple and easy recipe to enjoy any time of the day; check the .recipe here
- Asparagus with bacon is another heavenly recipe to enjoy.
- Chicken, ham, tuna, and other ingredients will pair great with asparagus.
How to make bacon-wrapped asparagus?
Making at home some special but easy recipes is my comfort zone. This dish looks fabulous and eye-catching. I adore nice-looking dishes that cook fast and taste unreal.
Cooking at home some bacon-wrapped asparagus is a simple pleasure. It is spring, and asparagus is so welcomed in my house.
Take a bunch of asparagus and wash off dirties. Take some kitchen paper and pat dry to avoid water drops.
Take a cutting board and trim the ends. In case your asparagus is old, then try to trim more of the spears. Now start wrapping each bacon strip tightly around an asparagus spear. Watch the video below.
On medium heat, pour some olive oil into the skillet. Add the asparagus and fry for some 3-4 minutes on each side or until the bacon gets crispy and golden brown. Season with some sea salt, but keep in mind that bacon is salty and to avoid a too salty dish, season in the end.
Take a plate and nicely layer the asparagus spears wrapped in bacon and serve it as it is or next to anything.
For note: I like to fry more asparagus and keep them for the next day. I put them in an airtight container and served them on the following day, warmed next to anything.
Crispy Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- cutting board
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 5 oz bacon
- Take a bunch of asparagus and wash off dirties. Take some kitchen paper and pat dry to avoid water drops. Take a cutting board and trim the ends.
- Now, start wrapping each bacon strip tightly around an asparagus spear.
- On medium heat, pour some olive oil into the skillet. Add the asparagus and fry for some 3-4 minutes on each side or until the bacon gets crispy and golden brown. Season with sea salt at the end.
- Take a plate and nicely layer the asparagus spears wrapped in bacon and serve it as it is or next to anything.