Italian Salad is a healthy and light dish, deliciously coated in a herb dressing with versatile veggies. Crispy lettuce, juicy tomatoes, fresh cucumbers, zesty artichokes, and a fabulous sauce to enjoy this salad next to anything.
Salads and again salads. I know this may be annoying, but salads are so many variations that I try to make at least some of the most famous and elegant. This salad has a different story, one that will always remind me of the delicious Italian food next to my friends. I adore Italy, and anytime I have the occasion to be there, I love to try everything from local cheese or ham to restaurant-famous dishes. This simple salad I have first tried has won my heart. Its colours, aroma, taste, and one of the best and easy dressing to coat all veggies.
I love when you get a fantastic plate made in seconds, and that looks gorgeous. My husband adores nice-looking platters with delicious and spicy tastes, so do I.
What is great about this salad is its customisable way of making it. For example, I have skipped black olives as I didn’t have them in my kitchen. However, the authentic recipes require olives, and you can easily add kalamata or black ones.
Also, you can add bocconcini, cheese, pepperoni, almonds, and even salami or prosciutto.
I have made it only of vegetables as I love to serve meat-heavy meals with a light and easy summer salad. You can serve it next to:
- Juicy Marbled Beef
- Keto Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Pork Steak
- Instant Pot Tenderloin
- Pork Chops Casserole
- Jack Daniel’s Pulled Pork
- Baked Breaded Pork
Antipasto Italian Salad is a simple and quick salad to make and to savour every of its bite. Try this simple recipe and leave your impressions below.
What is an Italian antipasto salad?
Antipasto salad got its origins in Italy and is a very traditional and famous salad served as the first course before the main meal. Usually, antipasto salad ingredients are light and easy and can include the following: various vegetables, veal meat like salami, prosciutto, mushrooms, cheese board appetiser, marinated peppers or artichokes. All of these antipasti are served mainly before the main course.
How to make Antipasto Italian Salad?
Making Italian salad at home is truly simple and easy. Some fresh veggies, your imagination, peace, and passion for making salads is everything you need to surprise your family or friends. I adore this simple salad as it contains croutons that are nicely coated in herb dressing and pair great with veggies. A handful of ingredients will make your salad taste fabulous. This Italian-tasty salad is a must-try if you have never before tried it and savour it every moment.
First of all, do the dressing and set aside. Take a food processor and blend parsley, basil, two cloves of garlic with seasonings like dried oregano, white sugar, black pepper and sea salt. Slowly pour ¾ cups of olive oil to emulsify when the dressing is ready, set aside and start with making the salad.
Take a large bowl and add chopped romaine lettuce, cut cucumbers, artichokes, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and red pepper. Mix all the ingredients gently and toss the salad with the dressing. Add as much Parmesan cheese and croutons as you like your salad to taste unique and delicious.
Italian Salad Tips:
- Add avocado and dressing over the salad once you want to serve it. Don’t store these ingredients for long as you tend to have a soggy and juicy salad instead of a crunchy fresh Italian salad.
- Try to use the best quality veggies, oil, and artichokes to make a great-tasting salad.
- Homemade croutons sound better, but store-bought is also okay.
This is a versatile Italian salad, so adjust it to your liking. The best part of this salad is the dressing that is so aromatic and colourful that it nicely coats all the ingredients together, making it taste fabulous.
- Pepperoncini will add some spiciness to your salad, as well as an Italian-authentic taste.
- Onion (shallots, spring, yellow)
- Salami or prosciutto or pepperoni
Healthy and Delicious Antipasto Italian Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cucumbers
- 1/2 cup artichokes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- grated Parmesan
For the herb dressing:
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Making the dressing: take a food processor and blend parsley, basil, two cloves of garlic with seasonings like dried oregano, white sugar, black pepper and sea salt. Slowly pour ¾ cups of olive oil to emulsify the dressing. When it is ready, set it aside and start with making the salad.
- Take a large bowl and add chopped romaine lettuce, cut cucumbers, artichokes, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and red pepper. Mix all the ingredients gently and toss the salad with the dressing.
- Add as much Parmesan cheese and croutons as you like your salad to taste unique and delicious.