Sweet, creamy, and airy, the peanut butter mousse is loaded with peanut butter flavor. The fine and delicate texture combined with intense nutty flavor is a gastronomic gratification.
This peanut butter mousse recipe is a keeper because it uses only a few ingredients. Moreover, it takes about 5 minutes to prepare it from start to finish. No baking, no freezing, and no long waiting hours – it is the perfect dessert for any occasion. The peanut butter mousse recipe is dedicated to the peanut butter addicts, although it looks like a guilty pleasure – it’s not.
Mousses are a real success and very appreciated desserts due to these exact reasons. They’re light, airy, loaded with taste, and are done in a matter of minutes. Mousses are especially appreciated during the hot summer days when all you need is a light yet delicious dessert. There’s a mousse recipe to fit each and everyone’s taste, take these for example:
I hope you like this peanut butter mousse and if you want to see more simple dessert recipes then subscribe to our YouTube channel and let’s cook together.
Is Peanut Butter Mousse Healthy?
Whether a peanut butter mouse is healthy or not depends on two main factors. First, the ingredients used and their quality. Always read the label of the product before throwing it in your shopping cart, you might discover interesting things. Look for low-sugar ingredients.
Second, the quantity of the mouse you eat. Generally speaking, when consumed in a moderate amount, the mousse will not affect the scale, especially if combined with an active lifestyle. I know, the mousse is way too delicious to hold back. That’s why invite a couple of friends over to share the calories:)
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Mousse
It is unbelievable how delicious things can be made out of only a few basic ingredients. It’s true what they say, simple things are simply miraculous. See the short list of ingredients for the peanut butter mousse:
- Peanut butter. When planning to prepare a mousse recipe, go for the smooth peanut butter instead of the chunky one. You need a creamy and silky texture when creating mousses, chunky peanut butter will ruin the aspect and not only.
- Condensed milk or dulce de leche. The milky texture and the extra sweet taste of the dulce de leche perfectly match the peanut butter.
- Cream cheese. Use quality cream cheese such as the Philadelphia, make sure to buy the original taste. Or, replace it with Italian mascarpone cheese. Either of the two will give the necessary no-bake dessert consistency and will save you from getting a floppy mousse.
- Heavy cream that will allow everything to perfectly blend in.
- Lemon juice or vanilla extract. Choose one or don’t hold back and use both. Use whatever teases your tastes.
- Icing sugar, however, the mouse is already extra sweet. Add the icing sugar at the end, only after you have tasted the mousse and you are sure it can fit some more sugar. You might want to substitute it with a confectioner’s sugar-free sweetener like erythritol, monk fruit, or allulose.
How to make the peanut butter mousse dessert?
Use a large bowl to beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese, lemon juice (or vanilla extract or both), and dulce de leche. Leave out the heavy cream, shortly you’ll beat it separately. Use a hand mixer with a whisk and beat well until blended. Now pour the heavy cream into a separate bowl and beat it until stiff peak consistency. At this point gently fold the heavy cream into the peanut butter creamy mousse. Add 1-2 spoons at a time and gently mix using a whisk or spatula until the mousse is combined and ready.
Lastly, transfer the peanut butter mousse into serving glasses or mason jars and cool for 30 minutes, to firm up. You can serve the mousse right after you’ve prepared it. However, the chilled mouse is always a better option.
How to serve the peanut butter mousse?
Serve the mousse chilled with some coarsely chopped walnuts, peanuts, nuts, or almond flakes. You can also top the peanut butter with some chocolate sauce. You know what great partner chocolate is to the peanut butter.
Feel free to prepare the mousse a couple of days in advance. Store the mousse in the fridge and serve it whenever having cravings for the delicious peanut butter taste.
Creamy & Airy Peanut Butter Mousse
- 1 cup peanut butter smooth and unsweetened
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Dulce de Leche
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar optional
- Use a large bowl to beat together the peanut butter, cream cheese, lemon juice (or vanilla extract or both), and dulce de leche
- Beat the heavy cream in a separate bowl till the stiff peak consistency
- Gradually and gently fold the heavy cream into the peanut butter creamy mousse
- Transfer the peanut butter mousse into serving glasses or mason jars and cool for 30 minutes
- Serve with pleasure