Bacon cream cheese balls are one of the easiest and super tasty appetizers to lay on a festive table. Some 10 minutes, and your snacks will be full of flavors and colors.
What are these cream cheese balls? Nothing complicated, but one of the tastiest snacks I like to make. Different flavors, colors, and tastes are amazing. These balls are always present on my festive table, and I always like to change the topping.
For today, I have decided to make some crunchy bacon, and crushed pecans topping that are great with cream cheese and veggies.
I have to note that I didn’t add fresh garlic, but it adds a lot of flavors, and I enjoy cheese balls with garlic. I have skipped fresh garlic but replaced it with powdered one.
Why are these cheesy balls so delicious? Cream cheese balls with spices, fried and crunched bacon, and greenies are easy to make but super tasty and finger-licking. These cream cheese balls are very addictive, so I try to make more of them just to ensure that all guests have eaten at least one or two.
My daughter also likes these cheese balls, so I try to make some if I have some leftover cream cheese at home.
Is cheeseball healthy?
They are healthy if I make them once in 2-3 months. They contain a lot of calories and fats. Occasionally everything is good.
Can you freeze cream cheese balls?
I have to say that I didn’t freeze balls as I have never had too many of them. However, I know that you can freeze them in a ziplock bag for two weeks without nuts or other toppings. Take off the freezer, let them defrost in the fridge overnight, and serve them rolled in anything you like the next day.
- Two packs of cream cheese
- 7oz (200gr) bacon
- 1 tbsp mayo
- Some fresh spring onions or chives
- One jalapeno or any chili pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup shredded cedar or any other hard cheeses
- Spices like: salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic
How to make homemade bacon cream cheese balls?
These addictive cheesy balls filled with veggies and bacon are always in demand, so I make more of them.
First of all, fry or bake the bacon. I have fried them in my air fryer, which was fantastic as there was no smell at all for about 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the onion and jalapeno, and set them aside.
Take a large bowl and combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped veggies, half of bacon, and spices. Mix well with a spatula and set aside.
Crumble the bacon with your hands and place 1/3 of crumbed bacon on a plater, where you will roll the balls in.
Make one ball with your hands or a scoop and toss it into the crumbled bacon. Make some of them and set them on a platter.
Repeat rolling cheese balls in crumbled nuts. Continue until all cheese balls have been rolled.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Serve these fantastic and delicious cheesy balls with some crackers.
Here your imagination has no limit as you can make any topping you like. Pistachio or any nuts are just perfect, greenies, fried crumbled bacon, spices, crumbled chips
Bacon Cream Cheese Balls
- 2 packs cream cheese
- 7 oz bacon
- 1 tbsp mayo
- a handful spring onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- First of all, fry or bake the bacon.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and jalapeno, and set them aside
- Take a large bowl and combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped veggies, crumbled bacon, and spices. Mix well with a spatula and set aside.
- On a plater, place ⅓ of crumbled bacon where you will roll the balls in.
- Make one ball with your hands or a scoop and toss it into the crumbled bacon. Make some of them and set them on a platter.
- Repeat rolling cheese balls in crumbled nuts. Continue until all cheese balls have been rolled.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve these fantastic and delicious cheesy balls with some crackers.