Last Updated on October 13, 2020 by Cookie
Corn salad is nothing else than a big bowl full of vitamins, fresh veggies, a tasty dressing, and a happy smile. Corn salad made of baked corn is super delish and ultra hearty.
Who loves baked corn will find this satisfying and colourful salad tasty and delicious. I love the sweet taste that corn offers to a salad, but coated in some simple dressing, it is simply delicious and healthy, and sometimes everything I want.
Here, optional, you can use canned or roasted corn, but I like it baked, most. I like to feel the crunchiness and the baking aroma in this salad. A super simple side dish, but so flavorful and healthy. This is a versatile salad so you can mix the corn with everything. Usually, my frequently used veggies are tomatoes and avocado that I always have some in my fridge. These simple ingredients create a fabulous bowl of salad to simply enjoy as it is or served next to anything. It pairs great with tacos or quesadillas, also next to some roasted meat, or roasted potatoes.
This corn avocado and tomato salad is loaded with proteins and healthy veggies – all together tossed in an amazingly fresh and citrusy dressing is finger lingering.
It is a crowd-pleasing fresh corn salad that is savoured by all my guests with pleasure and is always disappearing fast!
Even though its bright colour inspires summer, I adore making it all year round.
How to Make Corn Salad Recipe with Avocado and Tomatoes?
Avocado Corn Salad is an easy side dish with simple ingredients and with a healthy and delicious taste. One of my favourite colourful and flavorful salad full of bright/fresh veggies. I adore this crunchy, fresh, and sweet salad as it offers bursting aroma and is just a perfect side dish for any days.
- 2 baked corns, but you can easily substitute it with canned corn
- 1 ripe avocado
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers optional
- 1 red onion or spring onions
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Some lemon or lime juice
Making a bowl of colourful and healthy salad is as easy as it sounds. Not too much mess and effort needed. Some good quality local farmer’s veggies, best olive oil, good mood, and your simple salad is ready in just 7 minutes. As I have mentioned I have baked the corn to have a more flavorful and baked-tasting aroma in my salad. You can check my easy recipe for baked corn on the cob here.
- How to make the simple dressing: 3 tbsp of olive oil mix with some lemon juice and 2 thinly chopped cloves of garlic. Additional you can add some chopped cilantro to the dressing.
- Take a large cutting board and cut all the veggies. Stir the corn or chop, if baked, together with sliced cherry tomatoes, avocado, spring onion, and parsley or cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and combine gently to coat all the aromas. You can easily refrigerate the salad for some minutes or serve it immediately.
Some additional Add-ins:
- Feta cheese is a great add-in to this salad. Easily add or substitute with avocado. I adore the sweet corn taste mixed with some goat or feta cheese.
- Beans are also some great add-ins and you can easily add black or white beans.
- Definitely you can add different veggies to this best tasting salad such as bell peppers, zucchini, celery, or cucumbers.
Can I substitute with fresh corn, canned or frozen corn?
Sure, you can use whatever corn you like from fresh to frozen one. For this delicate salad, I love to use baked corn, but you can easily add canned or any other you have. Canned corn is okay when you don’t have fresh or frozen one, but nonetheless, you should dare to use corn in your menu and eat it anyways.
Some more salad recipes:
Colourful Corn Salad with Avocado and Tomatoes
- cutting board
- 2 baked corns
- 1 avocado
- 10 cherries
- 2 cucumbers
- spring onion
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Take a large cutting board and cut all the veggies. Stir the corn or chop, if baked, together with sliced cherry tomatoes, 1 riped avocado, spring onions, and some parsley or cilantro.
- Separately mix 3 tbsp of olive oil mix with some lemon juice and 2 thinly chopped cloves of garlic. Additional you can add some chopped cilantro to the dressing. Toss the salad gently just until all the ingredients coated together and serve immediately.