Air fryer salmon skewers are one of the most famous and easy recipes to cook at home quickly. You will enjoy a healthy weekly dinner with fresh salmon bites and veggies next to a Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio glass.
Generally speaking, air fryers make it easier to cook, have no smell and have a faster process due to their concentrated heating process. This is why I like cooking in my air fryer; since I have discovered this love, I try to use it at maximum.
Like many other fish, salmon cooks quickly, so you will need some 10 minutes to savour a delicious and healthy dinner. It can be served next to a sauce like tzatziki, ginger or other fresh yoghurt sauces that will refresh the intense aroma of the fatty salmon.
This recipe is a cinch to make any time of the year due to the healthy omega found in salmon and the fresh seasonal veggies easily found in any store this time. Buzzing with nice colours, air fryer salmon skewers are a good alternative to the already bored fillet salmon fish. I like cooking fish and experiencing the tastes and colours, but these salmon kabobs turned out to be finger-licking and super delicious—a quick dish to savour a great night with the family.
Salmon fish is rich in vitamins and selenium; the freshest salmon piece is very healthy. Nowadays, salmon is known to be grown by fish farmers, which is why it is not beneficial to eat a lot of it as it contains heavy metals. However, in small portions, salmon fish contains omega, Vitamins, and calcium, boosts the immune system and has many other positive effects that you can read more about here.
Salmon with veggies
Some of the most famous and delicious kabobs or skewers, either made of meat or fish, should contain veggies. Veggies give colours, aroma, and a healthy, balanced taste. Such pairs make the dish taste juicy, softer, and more lingering. Due to the fatty consistency of the salmon, the veggies, especially the lemon, will refresh the taste instantly; this is why I have chosen to add fresh zucchini chunks and lemon chunks. Both had a delicious tandem and a restaurant-like look on the table.
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet, cut 1-inch chunks
- One zucchini, cut large chunks
- 1-2 lemons, also cut big pieces
- Bamboo skewers, optional; you can soak them in water for some time
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
For the sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream; you can also use plain yoghurt or mayo
- One big pickled cucumber
- One clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ketchup or Sriracha sauce
- Seasoning at taste
How to make Air fryer salmon skewers?
Air fryer salmon skewers are quick to make with less mess and smell in the kitchen. We all know fish doesn’t have the best smell while cooking; to avoid this moment, the air fryer is the saver. Before starting the process of cooking, wash the veggies and soak the skewers.
Soaking in water, the skewers allow you to en brochette easily. If you don’t have this time ahead, no worries; you will need some power to push them tightly.
Preheat the air fryer to 200C (350F) for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut chunks of the fish fillet, zucchini, and lemon.
Take a skewer and start and end with salmon. Thread salmon and fold veggies tightly on the skewer; try to make at least two skewers per person.
Take the air fryer basket and lay down 3 or 4 skewers, depending on your basket dimensions. Watch the video below:
Lower the temperature to 180C (300F) and cook the fish for no more than 10 minutes. I have cooked them for so long, as I like to eat crispy on the outside fish with a juicy and soft inside.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. Take a bowl and mix the yoghurt/or sour cream with finely chopped pickled cucumber; add 1 tbsp of ketchup and seasoning. I have added one minced garlic clove as I simply adore having garlic in sauces. The pungent taste adds freshness to the fatty salmon.
Enjoy the dish while warm next to an aromatic white wine glass.
Air Fryer Salmon Skewers Recipe
- air fryer
- 1 lb skinless salmon fillet cut 1-inch chunks
- 1 zucchini cut chunks
- 1 lemon cut chunks
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
For the sauce:
- 1 cup yoghurt or sour cream
- 1 pickled cucumber
- 1 tbsp ketchup/Sriracha
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat the air fryer to 200C (350F) for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chunks of the fish fillet, zucchini, and lemon.
- Take a skewer and start and end with salmon. Thread salmon and fold veggies tightly on the skewer; try to make at least two skewers per person.
- Take the air fryer basket and lay down 3 or 4 skewers.
- Lower the temperature to 180C (300F) and cook the fish for no more than 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mix the yoghurt/or sour cream with finely chopped pickled cucumber; add 1 tbsp of ketchup, one minced clove of garlic and seasoning at taste.
- Once ready, take out the skewers and enjoy.
- Enjoy the dish while warm next to an aromatic white wine glass.