This Vegan Lime Cranberry Cake will prove that creating a sweet treat is not necessarily involve butter, eggs, or cream. The cake is bursting with fragrant lime flavor and tangy cranberry. It is soft, moist, rich, and just perfect for treating yourself.
Cranberry and lime cake is not just a simple cake but a bursting aroma that intoxicatingly fills the house. An ideal combination of tangy cranberries with fresh lime to make your cake remembered and beautiful.
Cakes are usually sweet, so I try to adjust more fresh ingredients to obtain a balanced taste and texture. It is not just an ordinary cake; it creates some magical moments that are so nice along with my family.
As cakes are my comfort zone, I like experimenting in a bakery with different add-ins and tastes. Even though this vegan cake is so soft, moist, and fluffy with an intoxicating aroma that it makes you crazy. You can enjoy this cake warm as well as cold the next day for breakfast. Here are some cakes recipe that my family likes the most: Whole Orange Cake, Coffee Loaf Cake, Lemon Poppyseed Cake, Strawberry Pound Cake, Pistachio Poppyseed Cake
I like cakes that get along quickly and are made of simple ingredients with a perfect burst of fruity flavor. Simplicity is sometimes the key to a successful dish, as some simple and available products can create a special cake to be remembered. Being baked without eggs and dairy free, I could not believe it had a perfect texture. And because my family appreciated and liked this amazing lime cranberry cake so much, I decided to share the recipe with you. Be sure to check out my Vegan Fruit Nut Bread for more vegan cake recipe inspiration.
Can I make Vegan Lime Cranberry Cake gluten-free?
I made this vegan lime cranberry cake using all-purpose flour, but if gluten is your enemy, you can also use gluten-free flour. Also, for a nice texture, you can substitute half of the amount of flour (or gluten-free flour) with almond, rice, or coconut flour.
For the sugar-free cake – I recommend using a qualitative stevia powder or any other healthy sweetener.
Ingredients for Vegan Lime Cake:
This fluffy vegan lime blueberry cake contains no fancy ingredients. Most probably, most of them you already have in your pantry. You’ll need:
- All-purpose flour – this kind of flour provides a good texture. You can also use cake flour. Granulated sugar – I prefer using granulated sugar for vegan cakes as it provides a light and fluffy cake. Brown sugar is a good choice to get a caramel taste.
- Lime juice and zest – it is better to use freshly squeezed lemon juice and grated zest. Alternatively, use bottled lime juice.
- Neutral-flavored oil – sunflower, avocado, or rapeseed oil is an excellent choice
- Dairy-free milk – coconut milk and almond milk is the best choice for texture and taste. Although, any milk will work here well.
- Baking powder – it is required if you want your cake to rise! If you use cake flour, then use just half of the baking powder. So if the recipe requires two teaspoons of baking powder, you must use just one. Baking soda is a substitute for baking powder.
- Pinch of salt – salt is necessary as it enhances the flavor of cake ingredients.
- Cranberries – my choice is dry berries.
What kind of cranberries to use?
You can use any cranberries you like or find in the store. But there are some tips that you must keep in mind:
- fresh cranberries – avoid using too riped soft berries. Make sure your cranberries are firm with deep red color;
- frozen cranberries – there is no need to thaw berries before adding them to the batter. Just give them a quick rinse and pat dry with a paper towel. At the end, coat cranberries in a small amount of cornstarch to avoid getting too wet batter.
- dry cranberries – soak them in hot water before you add berries to the batter. Leave for 15 minutes, then rise and pad dry.
How do you make Vegan Lime Cranberry Cake?
This vegan lime cranberry cake requires minimum skills and effort. Even if you just mix ingredients all at once, you will still succeed. But for a better result, I will leave you here some steps.
Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease a round silicone cake mold (about 8-inch) with some oil drops.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients – all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Now gradually add all the wet ingredients – coconut milk, oil, lime juice, and lime zest. Using a whisk combine the ingredients until you get a homogenized batter. At the end, fold in the soaked cranberries. Transfer the batter to the prepared mold and send it to the oven. Bake the lime cranberry cake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the middle and there is no wet batter on it.
When ready, sprinkle the cake with icing sugar.
Vegan Lime Cranberry Cake
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup coconut milk or any dairy free milk
- ½ cup oil neutral flavor (ex. sun flower)
- lime juice of one lime
- zest of one lime
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries soaked
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease a round silicone cake mold (about 8-inch) with some oil drops.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients - all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Now gradually add all the wet ingredients - coconut milk, oil, lime juice, and lime zest. Using a whisk combine the ingredients until you get a homogenized batter.
- Fold in the soaked cranberries. Transfer the batter to the prepared mold and send it to the oven.
- Bake the lime cranberry cake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick in the middle and there is no wet batter on it.
- When ready, sprinkle the cake with icing sugar.