Last Updated on March 6, 2020 by Cookie
Homemade Toast Sandwich is so easy and quick to make that it will instantly become one of your favorite breakfast recipes. Stuffed with mozzarella, ham, and avocado, this toast recipe is so British and so hommy.
I adore toasts stuffed with any simple ingredients. Be it either with meat or vegetarian, these toasts are so welcomed in the mornings. Yummy and delicious are just two words describing these incredible tasty toasts, but the real feelings are indescribable. For me, and my family, breakfast is a very important meal of the day. Poached eggs, omelet, quiches, or egg muffins are just a few recipes of the vast menu I have for breakfasts. Toast sandwiches are an escape for me when I seek a quick and easy dish to start the morning good and healthy. I try to make the toasted bread in the toast machine to save time and to avoid the frying process.
But, there are days when I fry the bread in butter and egg to obtain a crispy, softer, and smooth effect with more calories. Toast is a famous British breakfast or lunch recipe ideal as a snack, toddler finger food, or for lunchboxes. This easy and truly yummy toast I try to make at home every and every week.
Toast sandwich ingredients:
- 4 slice toaster
- 4 slice ham
- 2 slice mozzarella
- 1 avocado
- 4 cherries
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
What is the best bread for toast?
The best bread for toast depends on your likings. Any kind of bread is welcomed here. The problem is that only French toast is suitable for a toast machine. Other kinds of bread will be prepared on grill skillets either fried or fresh.
- French bread is the one that better suits this recipe. It is easily baked in the toast machine and quickly assembles all the ingredients.
- Brioches are also a good alternative for toasts as they are so soft and fresh that you will instantly want to try a bite.
- Any other plain/or whole grain slice of bread is welcomed.
- Pullman loaf also makes a great combination with ham and cheese with a lingering result.
How to make a toast sandwich?
The process of making these yummy toast sandwiches is extremely easy and quick, with an awesome finish. For this time I have whisked 2 eggs with ½ cup of milk and soaked the slice of toast in the mixture for some seconds to fully absorb the eggs. On a heated grill skillet, I fried the bread for 2 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, mash the avocado with a fork to obtain a pureed consistency. When the toast is fried start the nice and calming process.
Grease the inside sides of the toasts with avocado puree, add cheese, ham, and some seasoning and put on the grill again for 1 minute. I do this process to warm sandwiches’ ingredients and to melt the cheese a little. You will need only 5 minutes until the whole process is finished, but the result is worth any mess and patience. My family adores such easy and delish inventions I try to make in the mornings.
These are the shortcuts I simply love and crave for.
What type of milk is best to use?
For this recipe, you can use any kind of milk you like. I have used a regular pasteurized cow milk that goes so perfectly with eggs. Many recipes may suggest heavy cream, but I like more the lighter versions of eggs combined with milk.
Also, for this recipe, you can easily use goat, soy, almond milk with high-fat content. The fatty the milk the deeper the flavor and taste will be. Coconut milk or whole milk is also okay for this recipe.
What do you eat toast sandwiches with?
Usually, in the mornings I try to eat these flavorful toasts as they are with a cup of coffee. If I have them for lunch, I definitely combine them with some salads, different dressings, baked zucchini or carrots. It depends on the consistency that you have stuffed your toast with. If they are light and easy then a healthy broccoli or tomato salad will perfectly compliment the meal.
- Any kind of bread/toast is welcomed for this recipe. It already depends on your tastes.
- Fried or baked in the toast machine is also optional. I like both versions. But, when I fry the toast, it is always soaked in eggs and fried in butter for a deep and lingering flavor.
- For the filling: bacon, beans, chicken meat, salmon, or any other ingredients you have in your fridge will pair your toast perfectly and tasty.
- Instead of mashed avocado, you can use any dressing sauces you like. Either ketchup or mayonnaise will be okay.
- You can also use greenies or any veggies.
It is an easy and tasty recipe to nicely turn an ordinary dish into an extraordinary breakfast or lunch. Everything that is great is simple. So keep it simple and delicious with these yummy toast sandwiches.
Homemade Quick & Easy Toast Sandwich
- grill skillet
- 4 slice toast
- 4 slice ham
- 4 slice mozzarella
- 1 avocado
- 4 cherries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whisk 2 eggs with 1/2 cup of milk and let the toast breat soak in the mixture.
- On a heated grill skillet fry the bread for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado with a fork to obtain a pureed consistency.
- Grease the inside sides of the toasts, and start layering with cheese, ham, and some seasoning. Put on the grill again for 1 minute to melt the cheese a little.
- Serve immediately with cherries.