Keto Breakfast Egg Muffins are an easy low carb recipe loaded with flavors on busy mornings. These great egg muffins can be made of different fillings and ideal for breakfasts on the go.
All of us seek to always impress and delight ourselves with something healthy and delish in the mornings. The way you will spoil yourself in the morning, the whole day will be positive and sunny. Eggs in the morning are one of the best options to make a healthy and tasty start of the day. In my family, we all adore eggs, either fried eggs, poached eggs, or Shakshuka. They are full of proteins, loaded with flavors when mixed with different ingredients.
All people around the world cook eggs daily. It is such a versatile kind of dish and truly savorfull to enjoy. These protein-packed egg muffins are easy to cook and healthy to eat, as well as easy to store or refrigerate. One more great point about egg muffins are the way you can make them in advance. So easy and simple that it will save you time and effort in the mornings. These muffins are great on picnics or barbeques as snacks before serving the main dish. My daughter finds fun in making and eating these tasty egg muffins.
This easy recipe will be a perfect and healthy breakfast to start your day. They are hearty, fun to serve and coated with flavors.
Egg muffins ingredients:
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 bell pepper
- brie cheese
- 1 ball mozzarella
- 150g fresh baby spinach
How to make egg muffins?
If you are an egg-lover, just like us, then you will find this egg muffins recipe truly easy and funny to make. Flavorful and aromatic, easily melting in your mouth, these egg muffins are out of this world. I adore making them on Sundays and always try to make different fillings. For this time I have decided to make two kinds of mini egg muffins, both vegetarians. I try to avoid eating meat on some days, but try to eat more dairy and veggies.
This is like a 2 in 1 recipe: two types of egg muffins everyone can enjoy.
The first thing you will have to do is to take a bowl and start to whisk the eggs with salt and pepper. Add milk and heavy cream and whisk well until the texture looks like a uniformed liquid. Then, separate half to half the mixture and start adding your different fillings.
Bell pepper and brie cheese
To your egg mixture add the small chopped bell pepper (any color you like) and the brie cheese (optional). Take your cupcake pan and pour the mixture. I have divided it into 2 sections to have both versions baked at a time.
Baby spinach and mozzarella
To the remaining half of the egg mixture, add the stewed spinach with garlic and the chopped mozzarella. For note: I have stewed the spinach with some garlic cloves for a better aroma and for more consistency as I simply adore spinach. But you can use the raw one as well.
Pour the mixture in the remaining cupcake pan holes and bake all of them for about 15-20 minutes. One more hint here: you have to fill your cupcake holes half as they are, as the egg muffins tend to rise and will not preserve a certain and nice shape. Egg muffins should have a nice baked color.
Simple, easy, and a delicious breakfast just in minutes.
How to store egg muffins?
Egg muffins can be easily stored and served after some days. Cool them down and place them in an airtight container and keep them in your fridge for up to 3 days. Microwave them for 20 seconds before serving. You can refrigerate them for up to 2 months, but I simply don’t see any reason. They are so simple to make and much tastier served at the time they are baked.
- This recipe goes well with frozen spinach as well. Also, if you like it with some garlic aroma just stew the spinach with garlic for 3 minutes until soft and juicy.
- You can easily substitute brie cheese with gorgonzola, ricotta, or any other cheeses you like. The taste will not change so differently.
- Use some chopped onion with bell pepper. I have skipped it because my daughter doesn’t like it.
- Grease your muffin tin with oil or nonstick spray or use parchment paper to avoid sticking muffins. You want to have nicely shaped egg muffins.
- Fill your cupcake tray holes ¾ with the mixture to avoid overflow.
- When you take your egg muffins from the oven the mixture will set a little so don’t be afraid of this process. Also, let them cool down some minutes before you remove them with a plastic spatula to help loosen them nicely.
- Eat them with some sour cream or just as they are.
This comfort breakfast recipe is one that will delight your senses and tastes. Breakfast egg muffins are hearty, flavorful, aromatic, and quick to make. Save time and imagination with this delish recipe.
Keto Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Muffin tin
- parchment paper
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy milk
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 brie cheese
- 1 ball mozzarella
- 150 g baby spinach
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Take a bowl and start to whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add milk and heavy cream and whisk well until the texture looks like a uniformed liquid.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Separate half to half the mixture and start adding your different fillings.
- 1) To your egg mixture add the small chopped bell pepper (any color you like) and the brie cheese. Take your cupcake pan and pour the mixture.
- 2) To the egg mixture, add the stewed spinach with garlic and the chopped mozzarella. I have stewed the spinach with some garlic cloves for a better aroma and for more consistency.
- In the preheated oven at 180C bake the egg muffins for about 20 minutes.
- Cooldown some minutes after you took it off the oven.
- Serve with some sour cream or just the way they are.