Last Updated on May 21, 2020 by YourFoodBuddy
The Fettucini with Oyster Mushrooms & Asparagus is an extremely tasty food that is a special delice that would bring happiness with its first bite. By following the exact recipe preparation and ingredients listed in this article, you will fall in love with Italian cuisine.
In order to get a perfectly delicious Italian recipe you need to use simple ingredients that would offer incredible tastes. Even the biggest food critics wouldn’t resist the temptation to try it. After all, Italian cuisine is considered one of the top when talking about healthy versus tasty foods. The perfectly balanced yet simple ingredients would open a new taste when talking about the entire and vast pasta world. Make sure to serve it hot in order to get the “full potential” out of this recipe.
Ingredients for Fettuccini with Oysters and Asparagus?
Almost all of these ingredients can be very easily found in almost every kitchen. When you cook them according to the recipe below, you will receive a perfect balance between taste and health, unlike many foods that are either healthy OR tasty. The list below includes the ingredients and their amounts for 4 servings. For cooking the perfect Fettuccine recipe, you would require:
- 12 oz. of dried or 1 lb of fresh fettuccini
- 8 oz. of oyster mushrooms with their stems removed and their caps sliced, or any other mushrooms
- 1 bunch of asparagus that should be trimmed, cut into 2 parts
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 3 oz. of Parmesan, grated, you would require approximately 3/4 cup, but you can prepare more for serving and can be added to taste
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Kosher salt as well as freshly ground black pepper added to taste
- 1 small shallot, should be finely chopped
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 4 slices bacon, to have it fried and crushed on top of the dish for decor
- 4 eggs (optional) to serve on top when ready
Note: It Is important to remember that the recipe with egg yolks is not suitable for everyone, that’s because raw eggs are not recommended for elder people, for pregnant women, infants, or those who are suffering from a weakened immune system. However, you simply may not like raw eggs, although when prepared properly, it gives your fettuccine a special taste.
How to select fresh Asparagus?
I would always recommend thinner stalks of asparagus because they have a special, fine taste, however, for this recipe, the thicker stalks are going to be good enough too. It is important to know that the thicker the asparagus is – the more mature it is. Do not confuse – it doesn’t indicate its freshness. However, it is very important not to choose asparagus with woody stems which indicates that the asparagus is no longer fresh, and that most probably it already lacks flavor.
Also, to always purchase fresh asparagus, make sure to search for purplish tips and bright green color. You need to see a faint violet tinge in tips of the asparagus that you’re about to buy. Whilst paying attention to the asparagus, also pay attention to the stems that need to be firm, they shouldn’t be limp.
What Mushrooms Should be Used For This Recipe?
In the photos listed here you can clearly see what mushrooms I consider the best for this delicious recipe, however, as it was already said – oyster mushrooms. These are the best because they have a delicate and amazing taste. Nonetheless, use whatever mushrooms you like most.
The reason why I think these types of mushrooms are the best for the recipe is that they are combining extremely well with the grassy taste that you will get from the asparagus and the creamy taste of the heavy cream.
How To Make Fettuccine with Oyster Mushrooms and Asparagus?
First of all, put some water to boil in a large pan with some salt. In the meantime you need to prepare the fresh asparagus. Simply cut off and then discard the woody end of them and simply cut the tips away from the stalks. It is important to remember that the stalks and the tips should be kept separately.
After that, you need to cook the stalks. For doing so, heat up a pan and drizzle some olive oil and put the stalk for approximately 4-5 minutes, until you can see them tender. Set aside on a separate plate.
Heat up your butter and one tablespoon of oil in the same skillet on medium heat. Peel off the garlic cloves and the shallot. Mince the onion and a few garlic cloves and add it to the melted butter. Toss it until everything gets translucent. Add in the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook it until tender. The oyster mushrooms usually take more time to be prepared if compared to champignon, so allow it about 10-15 minutes to evaporate the liquids and get well sauteed.
How to make asparagus pasta sauce?
Divide the bottom part from the top part (tips) of the already sauteed asparagus stalks. Keep the tips of the asparagus to use them for decor. Select the bottom part of the stalks and put them into a bowl with 1 cup of heavy cream and a pinch of salt and pepper. You can add some grated parmesan in there. Mix all up with a hand blender very well until it gets smooth. As a result, you get an asparagus cream for the pasta. Put the cream in a large bowl, where you will later add the drained fettuccine.
Finally, cook your pasta according to the instructions available on the package (there are various types of fettuccine which may require different methods).
Drain pasta and immediately put it into the bowl with the asparagus cream. Add the sauteed mushrooms and the sauteed asparagus tips and gently mix to have the ingredients spread evenly. Season with ground black pepper and salt if needed.
How to serve The Fettucine with Oyster Mushrooms & Asparagus
In the end, divide it all into pasta servings on each plate. Sprinkle some grated parmesan and some crushed pieces of fried bacon. You may add one egg yolk upon serving. Enjoy!
Creamy Fettuccini with Oyster Mushrooms & Asparagus
- hand mixer or kitchen robot
- 12 oz fettuccini dried
- 8 oz oyster mushrooms
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium shallot
- 3-4 medium garlic cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 slices bacon fried and crushed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Put some water to boil in a large pan with some salt
- Cut off and discard the woody end of the asparagus. Cut the tips from the stalks and devide thick stalks into 2 pieces
- Heat up a pan and drizzle some olive oil. Sautee the asparagus for approximately 4-5 minutes then set aside in a plate
- Heat up your butter and one tablespoon of oil in the same skillet on medium heat. Peel off the garlic cloves and the shallot. Mince the onion and a few garlic cloves and add it to the melted butter. Toss it until everything gets translucent
- Wash and cut the mushrooms. Add in the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook it until tender, for about 15 minutes
How to make asparagus pasta sauce?
- Select the tips of the asparagus stalks and put them into a bowl with 1 cup of heavy cream and a pinch of salt and pepper. You can add some grated parmesan in there. Mix all up with a hand blender very well until it gets smooth.
- Put the cream in a large bowl, where you will later add the drained fettuccine.
How to prepare the pasta with asparagus and mushrooms?
- Cook the pasta according to the label instructions. Save 1 cup of pasta water
- Drain the fettuccini and put them over the asparagus cream in the bowl
- Add the sauteed mushrooms and the asparagus tips. Gently mix to have the ingredients spread evenly. Season with ground black pepper and salt if needed.
- Sprinkle some grated parmesan and some crushed pieces of fried bacon.