Chicken Fritters are super delicious, soft, and tender. Crispy on the outside, juicy and flavorful on the inside. These delish cheesy chicken fritters are ideal as a main dish, appetizers, or just paired with a great dip.
If you are bored with classic chicken recipes try something new. Cheesy chicken fritters are one of the dishes I make since I remember me. My family simply adores any kind of homemade fritters – either of meat or fish. They perfectly complement celery or potato puree, or a green salad. They are so delicious and flavorful that there are never too many chicken fritters on the table. I use to fry a batch of them and then froze for later, so I can save more time when I am out of ideas or out of time.
I use to serve these great and best tasting chicken fritters with an aioli dip, but you can serve them with any sauces you like. These small bites that taste fabulous are ideal for the Keto diet.
These chicken fritters are done in almost 30 minutes and gone in seconds. Some mild and cheesy mozzarella, the best chicken breast, some greenies and you will have the best-tasting chicken fritters. Trust me they worth that caloric moment of indulgence and temptation.
Enjoy this cheesy chicken fritters next to any salad, purees, or raw veggies.
What are Chicken Fritters made of?
Chicken Fritters are usually made of small chopped chicken breast/meat thinly cut in small pieces. Any kind of soft and mild cheese, garlic powder, eggs, flour, and seasoning will be added to the chopped chicken meat to create these amazing and fabulous tasting fritters. All these ingredients combined together will hold nicely to create those good-looking chicken fritters.
How to make Cheesy Chicken Fritters?
I love easy recipes, and even if сhicken fritters recipe sounds a little scared it is cooked in a while.
First, prepare the meat. Grab 1 lb of chicken breast. Rinse it under cold water. Soak excess water with a paper towel and inspect carefully the meat. Remove fat excess and bones if needed.
For chicken fritters recipe, meat is usually diced manually. With a well-sharpened knife dice chicken breast into 1/2″ – 1/3″ thick pieces. But you could go for an easier method and use a food processor. Saying truth I didn’t see any difference. So, cut the chicken breast into small chunks and transfer them to the bowl of your food processor. Add 5 tbsp of mayonnaise and process until it looks like finely diced meat (not minced).
Grate 4 oz of mozzarella cheese, and finely chop the dill.
Transfer meat into a mixing bowl. Add 2 eggs, 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese,1/3 cup all-purpose flour, and 2 tbsp chopped dill. Then stir everything well until combined.
Chicken breast is pretty dry meat, as it has no fat. But if you cook it in the right way you will get a juicy and delicious dish. That is why it is important first to marinate the chicken breast. Cover the bowl with fritters mixture with a piece of plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Heat over medium heat a large non-stick 9-inch skillet and add 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil. Scoop one full tablespoon (or flat ice-cream scoop) of fritters mixture, shape into a ball, and then flatten it slightly. The mixture is moist and sticky, so as to avoid getting messy hand, grease your finger in the olive oil. Repeat with remaining fritters. Make sure the oil in the skillet is hot enough and add fritters. Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer cheese chicken fritters to a paper towel-lined dish.
How do you serve Cheesy Chicken Fritters?
Cheesy Chicken Fritters is a very versatile dish, and pairs perfectly with any salad, during any time of the day! Here are some idea of salads:
- Cucumber Radish salad
- Zucchini Burrata salad
- Tomato Feta and Olives salad
- Radish Avocado salad
- Arugula and Cherry Tomatoes salad
- Avocado Salsa.
At the same time, it can be easily served along with just the most amazing flavorful aioli dip. Fritters could also be a great option if you are feeding a crowd. Fry a huge batch of fritters and assembly mini sliders.
How to make Aioli Sauce?
There is nothing easier to make this mayo-based amazing aioli sauce recipe. This refreshing dipping sauce is full of flavor.
In a bowl mix ½ cup of mayonnaise ( either homemade or store-bought one) with the juice of a half lemon, 1 tsp of lemon zest, 1 tbsp of mustard and 1 garlic cloves. Add some chopped green onions and dill. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Once you have all the ingredients together, simply transfer them in a sauceboat.
Can you make baked Cheesy Chicken Fritters?
Definitely, you can bake cheese chicken fritters! To prepare this crispy meat in the oven, just toss prepared shaped bolls in breadcrumbs.
Then, simply arrange them on a tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 °F.
* Please note, certainly baking is a healthier option but it will make the fritters less crispy.
Can you make Keto Cheesy Chicken Fritters?
This cheese chicken fritters recipe is super easy to prepare and can be ready just in half an hour. You can easily adapt this recipe to a Ketogenic diet. Keto cheese chicken fritters are perfect grab-and-go meals during the workweek.
Adapt this recipe to your keto calculator. If you are not using it just skip all-purpose flour or substitute it with the one lower in carbohydrate and higher in fat, like almond flour or coconut flour.
Can you make gluten-free Cheesy Chicken Fritters?
Definitely you can. Substitute all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour. Grab almond flour, coconut flour, or rice flour.
- As the chicken breast is kind dry meat it is better to marinate it. So if you do not have time or do not want to lose time, grab mini breast filet. It is the most tender part of the breast.
- If you like a spicier kick, just add some chili flakes or jalapeño.
Cheesy Chicken Fritters Recipe
- food processor
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese 1 1/3 cups shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the Aioli Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- Process in a food processor 1 lb of the chicken breast with 5 tbsp of mayo until it looks like finely diced meat (not minced).
- Transfer meat into a mixing bowl. Add 2 eggs, 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese,1/3 cup all-purpose flour, and 2 tbsp chopped dill. Stir everything well until combined.
- Heat over medium heat a large non-stick 9-inch skillet. Add 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil. Scoop one full tablespoon (or flat ice-cream scoop) of fritters mixture, shape into a ball, and then flatten it slightly. The mixture is moist and sticky, so as to avoid getting messy hand, grease your finger in the olive oil. Repeat with remaining fritters.
- Make sure the oil in the skillet is hot enough and add fritters. Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer cheese chicken fritters to a paper towel-lined dish.
For the Aioli Sauce:
- In a bowl mix ½ cup of mayonnaise ( either homemade or store-bought one) with the juice of a half lemon, 1 tsp of lemon zest, 1 tbsp of mustard and 1 garlic cloves. Add some chopped spring onions and dill. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Once you have all the ingredients together, simply transfer them in a sauceboat.