Oreo cheesecake – this dessert can be classified without hesitation in the “porn food” category because it is decadent, lush, and has a divine taste.
When I crave for something sweet and I have in the fridge cream cheese the first dessert I think of is cheesecake. It is quite simple and quick to prepare, even if it still has a significant chilling time, during that time you can read a book, go shopping, play with the kids or whatever comes to your mind.
Cheesecake is such a delicious, spectacular, and very handy dessert that melts in your mouth with each bite. You do not need any special skills to prepare it, nor any special talent to decorate it. Cheesecake has always been and will remain a dessert that can impress your family and conquer any guest, no matter how pretentious he is.
My kids love cheesecakes and are crazy about the famous Oreo cookies. For me, they seem extremely sweet, but children have different tastes, so I don’t argue with them. So, some days ago I prepared this recipe without any special occasion, just at my kids’ request. You can not fail to prepare it, as well as it doesn’t require baking.
An easy no-bake oreo cheesecake is a sweet indulgence to start your day right. A cake to enjoy any time of the year as the oreo crust topped with a creamy and rich filling is simply mouth-watering, easy to make and gone in seconds. The contrast between the thick texture of the cream and the crunchy biscuits conquered even me. Together they create a great duo with such positive feedback. This Oreo cheesecake turned out delicious – and it is gelatin-free!
I have to say that I have no cheesecake leftovers. My family, especially my daughter, adore this easy and light oreo cheesecake. Since I have made it for the first time, I come to the conclusion that this kind of cheesecake is much quicker to make with an ultra-creamy and fluffy texture.
All my guests, that have tried my cake, were simply and nicely surprised by the great and less sweet taste it has. Also, it is a nice and ultra-summer cake to enjoy as it needs no baking and is served cold. So, on a hot summer day, it will deliciously complete your hard day. It is such a great moment when you can spoil your family with a slice of cheesecake that makes everyone sigh of pleasure when tasting it. Cheesecake needs no more than 25 minutes to be done. So, dare to try my version to get convinced.
What do you need to make no-bake Oreo Cheesecake recipe:
This no-bake Oreo Cheesecake is perfect for any occasion! Just a few ingredients – what a lingering satisfaction with each bite. This dessert simply melts in your mouth. See below the list of ingredients that you will need to create this delight.
- Oreo Cookies – a lot of Oreos – grab a family-size pack that include 48 cookies
- Unsalted butter – just a few tbsp for the crust – 5 tbsp of melted butter
- Cream cheese – neither cheesecake can go without cream cheese – 16 oz
- Whip cream – this will give an extra creaminess and softeners to the filling – 2 cups
- Powder sugar – you do not have to add too much sugar as Oreo cookies are enough sweet – 1 cup
- Vanilla extract – this is for even more flavor.
How to make Oreo Cheesecake crust?
This ultra decadent no-bake Oreo cheesecake is one of our favorites especially during the hot summer days when I avoid turning on the oven.
Before you will start making cheesecake, line a 9-inch springform tin removable bottom with a piece of parchment paper. Parchment paper will allow you to remove the cheesecake from the pan easier and will prevent crust sticking to the bottom.
The crust of this cheesecake starts with Oreo cookies. Take about 25 cookies and pulse them in a food processor until they look like fine crumbs. Then transfer Oreo crumbs to a mixing bowl and add in 6 tbsp of melted butter. Mix until the mixture of cookies is moistened.
Now scoop this mixture into the pan and press it evenly to form the base. Send it to the fridge to chill while you are preparing the filling.
There is no need to bake this cheesecake base. If you firmly press it down into the pan, I assure you it will hold up just fine. But if you are still worried about this, bake the crust in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10 minutes. In this case, before adding the cream cheese mixture over the crus, make sure it cooled completely.
How to make Oreo Cheesecake?
This amazing cheesecake filling is pretty much easy to make and it includes only four ingredients including the Oreo cookies. You will get a creamy and light texture with absolutely perfect flavor. The only thing that you need is patience while this mouth-watering cake is chilling.
Usually, no-bake cheesecakes are mostly made with gelatin. I do not like adding it, as I find cheesecake texture not as fluffy and creamy as it should be. Even without gelatin cheesecake totally hold its shape.
Using any mixer you have on hand beat the cream cheese until smooth. Cream cheese should be at room temperature so you will avoid any lumps. Here you can add some vanilla extract for extra flavor.
In a separate bowl combine cold whip cream and powdered sugar. Beat until the mixture thickens and stiff peaks form. You can substitute powdered sugar to regular one but I prefer powder as it easily combined and doesn’t retain any granule.
Now gently combine beaten cream cheese with whipped cream. Then gently fold through some chopped Oreos cookies.
Scoop the cheesecake filling onto the previously chilled base, and carefully spread the cream around into one even layer. Decorate with some extra Oreos and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or better overnight.
Remove from the pan before serving.
Scrumptious No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- parchment paper
- springform tin
For the crust:
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
For the no-bake cheesecake:
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 15 Oreo cookies
For the decoration:
- 8 Oreo cookies
- Line a 9-inch springform tin removable bottom with a piece of parchment paper.
- Take about 25 cookies and pulse them in a food processor until they look like fine crumbs. Then transfer Oreo crumbs to a mixing bowl and add in 6 tbsp of melted butter. Mix until the mixture of cookies is moistened. Now scoop this mixture into the pan and press it evenly to form the base. Send it to the fridge to chill.
- Using any mixer you have on hand beat the cream cheese until smooth. In a separate bowl combine cold whip cream and powdered sugar. Beat until the mixture thickens and stiff peaks form. Now gently combine beaten cream cheese with whipped cream. Then gently fold through some chopped Oreos cookies.
- Scoop the cheesecake filling onto the previously chilled base, and carefully spread the cream around into one even layer. Decorate with some extra Oreos and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or better overnight.