Nothing delights us more on a warm summer day than a slice of cold watermelon or a delicious lemonade. When, however, these two combines, the result is absolutely miraculous! The watermelon lemonade will sweeten up your summer mood.
The summer has begun and the lemonade season is also officially declared open! Lemonade, the summer drink, can turn into a real treat if we change the ingredients a bit. And how can you turn a banal lemonade into an indisputable delight? With the watermelon – the star fruit of the summer season. This recipe is one of the simplest recipes for a delicious soft drink. So easy to prepare and very tasty.
Especially in summer, our children need to be hydrated, because they suffer the most on warm days. As my kids are watermelon lovers we usually have some in the fridge throughout the whole summer. But to convince them to drink water is harder than eating watermelon.
So drinking watermelon lemonade not only helps to hydrate but also contributes to the daily portion of vitamins. Your kids will just adore it due to its mouth-watering taste and appetizing color.
Watermelon lemonade is a good solution if you deal with a not enough ripe watermelon or with one that is not sweet enough, or that it is sear. The aroma, color, and vitamins will be preserved – and you will fully enjoy your watermelon.
Definitely a non-alcohol watermelon cocktail is always a homemade option. However, when it comes to making a drizzling and heady watermelon cocktail you will simply adore it to the moon and back.
A watermelon cocktail is always a good option for a go-to summer drink.
- Watermelon – Watermelon is all about a refreshing cocktail, state, and taste. I adore watermelon especially when it pairs so well with fresh drinks.
- Lime – watermelon pairs perfect with limes, and I just adore this taste. Do not hesitate to add some lime juice to make it more refreshing.
- Mint – few fresh leaves of mint will make this lemonade even more refreshing. The mint flavor combined perfectly with limes and watermelon and balanced this summer non-alcoholic cocktail.
- Cucumber – adds the touch of summer freshness to this watermelon cocktail.
- Sugar syrup – Actually, this ingredient is optional especial when trying to avoid sugar in the diet. By in the meantime, knowing how much the kids crave for sweet, you may add some sugar syrup. Another substitute for sugar syrup is maple syrup or mint syrup.
How to make sugar syrup?
Homemade lemonades are always welcomed at every garden party, potlucks, or special evenings with family members. Instead of using commercial sugar syrup, I prefer to make my own homemade one, especially since it can be prepared very easily and quickly.
For this simple syrup, you just need still water and granulated sugar. So, on a stove bring to boil 4 cups of water with ¼ cup of sugar. Make sure you do not boil it for too long. Otherwise, you will get a thick consistency syrup. Then if you desire mint&sugar syrup infuse some fresh mint leaves, previously washed, in cold water,.
Also, another option is to dissolve some maple syrup or honey in sparkling water.
How to make the best Watermelon Lemonade?
Summer is all about fresh and juicy fruits. Watermelon is all about a refreshing cocktail, state, and taste. It has such a wonderful freshness, as well as great color, that it is perfect for making a bright and colorful lemonade.
Watermelon lemonade can be prepared with both still water (or sugar syrup) and sparkling water. Now is on your preference how sweet you desire your lemonade. Add syrup, either you want it sweet or skip syrup if you want it with less sugar.
Grab one big watermelon and cut it in half. Then hollow it out using a large spoon or knife. Scoop out any pips. Now either mash the flash of watermelon or chop it in small pieces. I prefer it chopped. Now add flash into the hollowed-out watermelon. Heap some ice too. Then add some freshly squeezed lime juice. Cut some slices of cucumber. Mix well, and add the sugar syrup or sparkling water ( either sweetened or not). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Personalize this savory watermelon lemonade in your own way in case you do not like how ingredients pair in this cocktail.
- For an alcoholic version simply stir together watermelon with some vodka, juice, or fresh lime juice. And refresh your taste.
Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade
- 1 big watermelon
- 1 lime
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups still water sparkling water
- For the syrup, on a stove bring to boil 4 cups of water with ¼ cup of sugar.
- Grab one big watermelon and cut it in half. Then hollow it out using a large spoon or knife. Scoop out any pips. Now either mash the flash of watermelon or chop it in small pieces. I prefer it chopped. Add flash into the hollowed-out watermelon. Heap some ice too. Then add some freshly squeezed lime juice. Cut some slices of cucumber. Mix well, and add the sugar syrup or sparkling water ( either sweetened or not). Refrigerate until ready to serve