Pork Steak, along with veggies, is one of the best-balanced main courses to enjoy with family.
Pork steaks are one of the most sold pork parts that taste amazing. Perfectly cooked, not overcooked, this meat will turn out to be juicy, tender, and crispy. A slice of delectable meat that pairs perfectly with anything but definitely is more healthy when served next to veggies.
An ordinary evening in my family is a piece of meat next to a green or veggie salad. Baked veggies are even better, although I cook them only when I have more time.
Pork steak should have a nice marbled color, hence full of flavor and aroma. I would recommend thicker pieces for a better moist result. Steaks usually have fat, but trust me, this will enhance the meat’s taste even more as the fat melts and makes the meat softer and tender.
If cooked properly, I prefer pork steaks more than tenderloin due to its natural fat. I’m not too fond of dry meat, and as this cut of pork is dry, I always try to choose recipes that require marinade or brine. Once you have meat marinated, your dinner can be made in 20 minutes. Use an Air fryer, an Instant Pot, or even a regular pan for cooking it properly and quickly.
This recipe is fancy and delicious; you can easily use it when you have guests to surprise them beautifully. Meat with veggies is a balanced dinner course, try this easy and simple dish and delight your family members.
It is a stereotype that pork meat isn’t healthy. Yes, eating it often may harm you, but let’s be serious; anything too much can damage our health.
Beef or lamb meat is an excellent option, but sometimes you want pork – why not to delight your senses? Pork meat is also on my shopping list as it simply tastes delicious.
How do you marinate Pork Steaks?
As I told my family love to serve a good cut of meat for dinner. The best way to make it delicious is to marinate it ahead. Lately, I have discovered a great tip to marinate meat with less mess and no dirty dishes. I am talking about a zip plastic bag – simple and easy.
Wash and pat dry meat. Clean, slice, and chop the vegetables. Today, I cook my pork steaks with bell pepper, chili pepper, and red onion. Go ahead and create your own combination – use any veggies you like or have in your fridge. This is an excellent recipe for using vegetables that need to be consumed.
Grab an airtight zip plastic bag; if you do not have one, as I did, easily use an oven cooking bag. Transfer vegetables and meat to it. Add oil, salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Close the bag and stir it gently. Then massage the meat with the juice inside the bag.
If you have time, leave it overnight to marinate. Otherwise, let it stay for at least 15 minutes at room temperature.
What kind of spices goes well with pork meat?
The pork meat has a neutral taste, and you actually can not spoil it with almost anything. So you can use whatever you have in your pantry. Salt and freshly ground pepper is always a go-to idea, but many more spices pair perfectly with pork meat.
Below I will leave you the list of my favorite spices that, depending on my cravings, I use to marinate pork meat:
- Granulated garlic
- Smoked paprika
- Ground coriander
- Chinese five spices – a blend of five different tastes: sweet, sour, bitter, salty, and umami – star anise, fennel, cloves, cinnamon, and peppercorns.
How to make Pork Steaks with Vegetables?
Preheat the pan with two tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, pour meat with veggies and marinade from the bag. So now is an essential part of the recipe.
If you like the meat to be crunchy, cook it without closing the pan with a lid. But make sure you flip the steaks frequently not to overdry them.
If you like the meat to be soft and tender, then first cook the meat and vegetables under the lid for about 10 minutes. Then the remaining 5 minutes, remove the cover and increase the heat to medium-high. When some browning has happened on the underside of the stakes, flip them and cook for two more minutes.
Pair this Pork Steaks recipe with a fresh salad or some crispy smashed potato chips.
Pork Steak With Vegetables
- 1 Pan
- 6 pork steaks
- 2 bell pepper different color
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 red onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil plus 2 tbsp of oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Wash and pat dry meat. Clean, slice, and chop the vegetables.
- Grab an airtight zip plastic bag. Transfer vegetables and meat to it. Add oil, salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Close the bag and stir it gently. Then massage the meat with the juice inside the bag.
- Leave it overnight to marinate. Otherwise, let it stay for at least 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the pan with two tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, pour meat with veggies and marinade from the bag.
- Cook the meat and vegetables under the lid for about 10 minutes. Then the remaining 5 minutes, remove the cover and increase the heat to medium-high. When some browning has happened on the underside of the stakes, flip them and cook them for two more minutes.
- Pair this Pork Steaks recipe with a fresh salad or some crispy smashed potato chips.