Deviled eggs with shrimp are my favourite appetisers at Christmas or other festive tables.
Deviled eggs are delicious appetisers filled with an intense and creamy/consistency filling, moderately hearty and nice looking.
Topped with grilled shrimp or (made in an air fryer just like me -have the recipe here), deviled eggs take another level of presentation, and of course, taste.
Spiced shrimp nicely completes deviled eggs’ mixture that is nothing more than canned tuna, mayo, fresh cucumber, and dill for freshness.
Cucumber and dill are optional but trust me; they add that refreshing aroma and a touch of stylishness. I adore some fresh veggies or greenies into a mixture, especially now when boiled yolks with tuna are so dry and hearty.
I adore making these appetisers for the holidays. They are easy to make, soft to enjoy, and perfect for any occasion.
An easy snack to make in any way and with different add-ins.
Also, you can boil eggs in an InstantPot that will be much faster and with less mess.
The fillings vary and suit any taste; for example, you can skip canned tuna and replace it with sweet crab meat. These will taste even more delicious, but more expensive.
For example, I adore horse-reddish in many of my dressings, this is why it can also be an option. Old Bay Seasoning is a must, along with other seasonings.
The classic version is quick, easy, and cheaper, but this method with topped shrimp conquered and earned my heart until my new discovery.
I have enjoyed any bite as I am a true lover of deviled eggs. The creamy filling texture topped with shrimp only accentuates elegance and refinement. A must-try version.
Some tips for the best-deviled eggs:
- Boil eggs for more than 7 minutes to be sure they are hard-boiled. You don’t need soft yolks, nor too much to avoid some green yolks.
- Keep in iced water for more minutes to peel the skin nicely and quickly.
- Add freshness to the filling to make them finger-lingering.
- Top chopped dill or spring onions to make a nice-looking aspect on these deviled eggs.
Are eggs healthy to eat?
Sure, eggs are healthy to eat at least 3-4 times a week, if not every day. It has a good amount of protein and a dose of healthiness if consumed in the morning. Eggs contain a lot of vitamins and offer you a good source of energy. I adore serving eggs in any way in the morning. This is my weakness as I am addicted to eggs.
How to make deviled eggs with shrimp?
You will need the freshest eggs, best quality canned tuna, one fresh cucumber, shrimp, and seasoning for this simple but lavish recipe.
I have cooked shrimp in my air fryer as I enjoyed cooking them in it. The shrimp turn perfectly soft, tender, and with an intense aroma.
You can check my recipe above.
Okay, but now let’s talk about eggs and the filling.
Take a saucepan and boil the eggs. Once the water starts to boil, lower the heat and cook some 8 minutes.
Pour off the water and add ice and cold water to the eggs. This process will easier your way of peeling the eggs nicely. Watch the video below 👇
Peel hard-boiled eggs and cut half length-size and set aside.
Take off the yolks with a spoon.
Take a bowl and mix with a fork yolk, canned tuna, greased cucumber, dill, with mayo and a tsp of mustard.
Add the seasoning.
Spoon filling into the egg halves and top shrimp on each one.
Garnish with some Old Bay Seasoning or paprika flakes.
Egg recipes you may try to make:
- Fried Eggs with the best Chimichurri sauce
- Baked Eggs with Hollandaise sauce
- Tuna Salad with Eggs
- Stuffed Deviled Eggs with Avocado – our classic version
- Benedict Eggs
Creamy Deviled Eggs With Shrimp
- air fryer
- 8 eggs
- 2 canned tuna
- 1 cucumber
- 5 oz shrimp
- 1 cup mayo
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Take a saucepan and boil the eggs. Once the water starts to boil, lower the heat and cook some 8 minutes. Eggs should be hard-boiled.
- Pour off the water and add ice and cold water to the eggs. This process will easier your way of peeling the eggs nicely.
- Peel hard-boiled eggs and cut half length-size and set aside. Take off the yolks with a spoon.
- Take a bowl and mix with a fork yolk, canned tuna, greased cucumber, dill, with mayo. Add the seasoning.
- Spoon filling into the egg halves and top shrimp on each one.
- Garnish with some Old Bay Seasoning or paprika flakes.