Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe takes you less than 10 minutes to create some perfectly juicy and tender shrimp. I got addicted to the air fryer and the way it makes my dishes.
Shrimp is my favorite lovely seafood ingredient that I simply adore. I just like using shrimp in various dishes, be it soups, salads, or main dishes. Just imagine how versatile one simple ingredient can be:
- ideal comfort soup for the winter season that is so easy to prepare – Instant Pot Delicious Spinach Soup With Shrimp
- scented and fluffy rice with Asian flavor that is simply finger-licking Toasted Coconut Rice With Aromatic Sauteed Shrimp
- delicious appetizers filled with lovely filling Deviled Eggs With Shrimp or Crispy Shrimp Toasts
- simple and healthy Shrimp Asparagus Skillet, Citrusy Shrimps Ceviche Recipe, or Grilled Shrimp Kabobs With Peppers.
- delicate unimaginable tastes and aromas combine in an easy Shrimp Coconut Curry Recipe
Since I got my new air fryer I try to make as many recipes in it, as possible. The advantage of the air fryer is that it doesn’t release smell, it is compact and easy to wash.
Recently I have fried some bacon and I was surprised at how quick and easy it was done. No bad smell and no mess! This is my point when I try to fry something in my kitchen.
Okay, but let’s talk about an easy and quick shrimp recipe with a lot of seasoning, without deep frying and just a small amount of oil. Actually not oil but butter that is used for coating and marinating the shrimp. This method of cooking shrimp in an air fryer is really the best one.
I have tried to bake shrimp, to fry on a skillet, but in an air fryer it takes some 5-7 minutes and your shrimp are ready to be savored.
Another good fact about this recipe is that you can make it with any kind of shrimp/prawns whether it is fresh or frozen.
How long should you marinate shrimp?
Marinating shrimp is an important step to a delicious dish. I prefer to marinate them longer to be sure they have infused all aromas. I love cooking shrimp/prawns, especially grilled ones, as they taste outstanding. For a perfect result, I marinate the shrimp for no less than 30 minutes. If you have no time, you can marinate them for at least 10 minutes. The longer you will marinate them, the softer and flavourful they will be. My preference goes to Old Bay seasoning when it comes to seafood.
How do you make Air fryer shrimp recipe?
Fried shrimp are delicious when made with spices, garlic, and a lot of butter. But air fryer shrimp is a double pleasure. Air-fried dishes are lower in fat than deep-fried ones, so it is a good reason to choose this method of frying.
Start by preparing the shrimp. I used frozen shrimp, so I have no deal with cleaning them. Just thaw and then pat dry shrimp with a paper towel. If case you are using fresh ones devein and peel the shrimp. In a small saucepan melt some butter. In a mixing bowl add shrimp. Pour the butter and add some seasoning. I used a blend of Italian herbs, a small amount of salt, and Old Bay Seasoning. Toss, and make sure the butter coated uniformly all shrimp.
Transfer the coated shrimp into the air fryer basket in one layer and cook for 10 minutes at 385°F. To get tender shrimp, make sure you do not overcook it.
Once done, set aside, cover with foil to keep warm, and repeat with remaining shrimp.
Perfectly cooked, easy and quick to make without the hassle of heating up a large skillet of oil. Serve with our Avocado Hollandaise Sauce, Blue Cheese Dressing, or any of your favorite dipping.
Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe
- 16 oz shrimp
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- In a mixing bowl add shrimp. Pour the melted butter and add some seasoning. Toss, and make sure the butter coated uniformly all shrimp.
- Transfer the coated shrimp into the air fryer basket in one layer and cook for 10 minutes at 385°F. To get tender shrimp, make sure you do not overcook it.
- Serve with your favorite dipping!