Last Updated on August 24, 2020 by Cookie
Shrimp Ceasar Salad is a super simple, flavorful, and truly fancy recipe to impress your family or guests. It takes just minutes to make but is a nice and delicious alternative to the original caesar version. I am so happy to present my version to you.
Caesar salad is a very famous Italian salad worldwide that all people are acquainted with it. I love making this salad as it is warmly welcomed on my table. A few ingredients and you can serve this easy to make caesar salad as a side dish or simple as it is. It is a hearty and satisfying salad that can be eaten warm or cold. You can check the classic recipe here.
However, for today I have decided to make a Caesar salad with a fancier and more stylish decoration, with shrimp. I have to admit that this kind of shrimp caesar salad I have tried not so long ago, and I have decided that it is a healthier and easier version to the classic Caesar salad.
This salad will nicely and tastily complete a party table, as well as on an evening basic. I adore how it balances the taste and aromas, altogether it creates magic on a plate. Also, I have to say that I love eating shrimp caesar salad simply as it is, as it is really satisfying and caloric.
In my family salads are always welcomed. We really appreciate eating them raw, sauteed, baked, or fresh. A salad is always next to any cooked main cause. I love personalizing and creating colourful, delicious, healthy salads all-around other cooked dishes.
Some freshly baked croutons, garlicky fried shrimps, greenies, and one of the best light and creamy dressing will make your Shrimp Caesar salad taste unbelievable and unforgettable.
Check more healthy salads here:
Shrimp together with veggies create a perfect match, especially on hot summer days. This homemade Caesar salad with Shrimp is healthy to eat as it is rich in proteins and even kids adore eating this simple and flavorful dish. Try my version and get convinced!
How to make shrimp caesar salad?
The hint here lays in using good quality shrimp that are thawed and smell fresh. It is a simple salad but can create an amazing and fabulous result when using good and fresh ingredients. I adore making Caesar salad, so making it with shrimp was more than just a pleasure – it was a masterpiece.
- 1 pack of shrimp that includes about 26-30 pieces. You can either use peeled or deveined shrimp. At your wish and preferences. I have used peeled big shrimp that I have thawed overnight in the fridge.
- 5-7 slices of fresh baguette baked and greased with some fresh garlic.
- Salad leaves and 1 tomato.
- Seasoning: a pinch of salt, pepper, and paprika
- For the dressing: ½ cup of sour cream, ½ cup of mayo, 5 anchovies, 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp mustard, some lemon juice, salt, pepper, and some parmesan.
Let your shrimp rest at room temperature with some lemon zest and seasoning, as you will cut and bake the croutons.
Cut cubes the baguette slices and coat them in some olive oil and minced garlic. Bake them in the preheated oven at 350F about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, take a skillet and cook the shrimp. Add some butter, optional! I simply adore shrimp coated in much butter with garlic and cook them about 3-5 minutes on each side. They have to look pinky/brown. Set aside before layering the salad.
Make the dressing, I will explain below what and how to mix. Set aside and start assembling the salad.
Take a big plate put the lettuce or all the leaves you have. Top the shrimp, the garlicky croutons, add some cut cherries and drizzle the dressing. Toss all the ingredients and serve immediately.
So simple, but so tasty. A truly easy and light salad to enjoy during summer evenings.
How to make homemade caesar dressing?
For the classic Caesar salad, you will need the ordinary dressing. However, for this time I have made the dressing a little different, but also delicious and much more interesting.
This is a simple dressing, as you can easily make it for other salads, as well.
Take a bowl and start mixing mayo with sour cream, anchovies, garlic, some lemon juice, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add some grated parmesan. So simple, but so delish.
How to store caesar salad with shrimp?
If you plan to store this salad or have some leftover – simply keep it in the fridge until the next day. In case you want to store it before topping the dressing, then you can easily keep it up to 3 days. But the best salad is served and enjoyed at the time it is made!
Create some magical and unforgettable moments for your friends or family members with truly easy, but memorable and delicious dishes!
Super Simple Caesar Salad With Shrimp
- baking tray
- 1 pack shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
- 1 baguette
- salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 5 anchovies
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 lemon juice of a lemon
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Cook Shrimp: place a skillet over high heat and add some butter and minced cloves of garlic and pour the shrimp. Cook them about 3-5 minutes on each side. They have to look pinky/brown.
- The Croutons: cut cubes the slices of the baguette and toss them in olive oil and some seasoning. Add some minced garlic or grease some garlic over the croutons. Arrange the croutons in a single layer onto a baking sheet and bake until lightly golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- For the dressing: take a bowl and start mixing mayo with sour cream, anchovies, garlic, some lemon juice, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add some grated parmesan.
- Assemble the salad.
- Take a big plate put the lettuce or all the leaves you have. Top the shrimp, the garlicky croutons, add some cut cherries and drizzle the dressing. Toss all the ingredients and serve immediately.