The Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe is so simple and quick that even a child could make it. So if you need a recipe that would be ready less than in 20 minutes and would delight both kids and adults than you should try this dessert.
I have discovered this recipe finding a pack of all-butter puff pastry in the freezer that I suppose to use probably for a cake. I also had a bunch of strawberries in the fridge and some cream cheese, so I made a simple, simple but good, good dessert.
An intoxicating strawberry flavor makes you try more and more, sometimes even not usual but yet interesting recipes with these flavourful berries. Strawberries are one of my favorites fruits of all time. Did you try our strawberry pasta salad?
Strawberries flavor (especially well-riped strawberry) is really amplified and perfumed – you will want the whole dish to load with its flavor!
And if you’re craving for a strawberry dessert, then you do not have to go for a sophisticated one. The simpler the recipe will be the more you will feel the main flavor of strawberries.
This strawberry cream cheese danish looks so fancy and cute, and your guest may think you spent a lot of time making them. For real they come together too easy and quick. So it is possible to make a homemade bakery-quality desert in no time! The cheese filling in combination with fresh juicy strawberries tastes almost like cheesecake. This cute dessert will wow your family and friends for sure, and always disappears fast!
Pin this recipe and keep in mind, as the summer is just beginning. Therefore, it is a great time and opportunity to try cream cheese danish recipe with any fruits you love.
What are the benefits of eating strawberries?
Strawberries have a very high content of vitamin C and antioxidants that bring a lot of health benefits. Eating strawberries has a beneficial effect on the eyes, helps the proper functioning of the brain, lowers blood pressure, and protects the heart from serious diseases.
Their high content of antioxidants is what protects you against serious diseases such as cancer. It also strengthens the immune system and prevents premature aging of the skin.
Folic acid, potassium, magnesium, and manganese are some of the most important nutrients that strawberries provide. Also, due to the high fiber content, strawberries regulate intestinal transit, thus improving the digestion process.
Strawberries are the recommended fruit for those following different diets because along with blueberries, currants, blackberries, and raspberries they are low in carbohydrates.
You have every reason to eat these delicious fruits, especially in their season!
Ingredients for a Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish:
Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish is one of those perfect desserts that doesn’t get easier. You just need 3 basic ingredients.
Puff pastry – probably it sounds kind of scary but the secret is that when preparing cream cheese danish we usually used a pre-made pastry (store-bought). Whit this you can’t go wrong anyway. Of course, you can make a homemade pastry and probably it will be even more delicious.
Cream cheese – to be honest for me tangy sweetened cream cheese and sweet strawberries are probably the most suitable combination. Use full-fat stuff here.
Strawberries -doesn’t exist a better downright treat on a sweltering day than a bunch of strawberries. For tastier result try to use fresh and well-ripped strawberries.
In addition, you will need some icing sugar to sweeten the cream cheese, extract of vanilla for more flavor, and to get a pretty golden brown look, you will need eggs.
How to make Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish?
Thaw your puff pastry dough at room temperature according to instruction on the package.
* If I am preparing cream cheese danish for breakfast then I usually thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. So in the morning, it is just perfect to work with it.
Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Unroll one sheet of thaw puff pastry directly on a baking sheet. Using a sharp knife cut it into 6 equal-sized rectangles.
Wash and dry the strawberries. Then hull and thinly slice them. You will need about 1 ½ cups of sliced strawberries.
Whisk 8 oz of cream cheese with 2 tbsp of icing sugar until smooth and no chunks of cream cheese remain. You can adjust the sugar to your taste. Combine gently cream cheese mixture with strawberries.
Now pull up the corners of the pastry rectangle and pinch together at the top. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese&strawberry filling in the middle of the danish. Repeat for the remaining pastry rectangles.
Now, make the egg wash. Whisk together one egg with 1 tbs of water. Use a pastry brush and spread the sides of danishes.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cream cheese danishes looks nicely golden brown. When the elapsed time, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
Dust with icing sugar if desired and serve immediately.
- Choose high qualitative all-butter puff pastry, read carefully the ingredients.
- To get a “puff” and crispy pastry, always bake it at a high temperature.
- For perfect results chill in the freezer already assembled danishes for 10 minutes before baking.
- This cream cheese danishes recipe may have many variations, it can be as well made with blueberries and raspberries which also balance the taste perfectly.
- The filling can be either baked as we did in this recipe or served as topping over baked pastry.
This Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe is a real treat!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish
- baking sheets
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 ½ cups strawberries sliced
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Unroll one sheet of thaw puff pastry directly on a baking sheet. Using a sharp knife cut it into 6 equal-sized rectangles.
- Whisk 8 oz of cream cheese with 2 tbsp of icing sugar until smooth and no chunks of cream cheese remain. Combine gently cream cheese mixture with previously sliced 1 ½ cups of strawberries.
- Now pull up the corners of the pastry rectangle and pinch together at the top. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese&strawberry filling in the middle of the danish. Repeat for the remaining pastry rectangles.
- Brush the sides of danishes with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cream cheese danishes looks nicely golden brown. When the elapsed time, remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar if desired and serve immediately.