Last Updated on February 21, 2020 by Cookie
Keto Cocoa Fat Bombs are just the perfect start of the ketogenic diet for the ones craving for sweet bites.
I like to make sweets and so I do whenever the opportunity arises. When I have more time to spend in the kitchen, I usually invent something a bit more complicated. If I am out of time I prefer simple recipes, with few ingredients and preferably healthy ones. One of these is the Keto Cocoa Fat Bombs recipe. This dessert satisfied my sweet tooth, at the same time keeps my energy levels up. As a Source of improvisation for this recipe, I used my childhood memories. My mother used to make us almond balls and cocoa graham cookie balls. They were so delicious but, honestly speaking, full of carbohydrates.
For beginners who look to start this healthy diet, these delicious and amazing cacao caloric bombs will become a sweet escape. They will find this recipe really helpful and quick to make. There is no need to bake these yummy fat bombs and they will supply your day with enough proteins in the easiest way.
So, if you are trying to reduce carbs out of your diet, then this recipe suits your needs greatly. Also, these tasty balls are perfect for parties and a big crowd.
What is a keto fat bomb?
Keto fat bombs are mini desserts that normally made from a combination of ingredients such as healthy fats (butter or coconut oil), nuts and seeds (those high in fat and less in carbohydrate), spices for flavor (as vanilla, cocoa, cinnamon, and others) and sometimes sugar substitute (stevia, sucralose, xylitol).
Also, this no-bake treat is perfect if you are on a gluten-free and protein-packed.
Are fat bombs good on keto?
Actually fat bombs were created for those following the ketogenic diet. This high-fat, low-carb diet causes a state in your body called ketosis; a state in which the body begins to burn fat instead of carbohydrates.
Fat bombs are perfect as a pre-workout snack or as a simple snack between meals to slash your cravings on a ketogenic diet!
Is cocoa powder considered keto?
Cocoa is an amazing supplement that is widely used in ketogenic recipes. It is low in carbs but at the same time very nutritious and full of flavor. It has many positive effects on your brain and heart or even mood.
How to make keto fat bombs?
With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily create a healthy and delicious dessert.
An important remark I would like to make before I will share with you the making process is that in this recipe, I used 1 tbsp of brown sugar. I add it because I prepared them for my little daughter. But actually, if I am making them for me as a snack for my diet I never use any sweetener. In any case, if you are craving sweet staff don’t be afraid to add some sugar substitute, like stevia or xylitol.
As I told you it is an easy dessert that is ready in no time. The amount of ingredients used in this keto fat bombs recipe is for approximately 10 balls.
In a saucepan preheat a little (do not boil it), 3 tsp of whipping cream (33% M.F.). It helps the dough to have a soft and chewy texture. Melt in warm cream 2 tbsp of unsalted butter. Put all dry ingredients in a bowl: 1 cup of almond flour,1 cup of almonds ( previously chopped in a food processor), 3 tbsp of cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of sugar. Mix well until a homogeneous paste is obtained. Shape the balls in about one-inch diameter out of the obtained composition. Take 2 plates, in one add some cocoa powder, in the second – shredded coconut. Now roll half of the balls through cocoa powder and the remaining half into the shredded coconut. Arrange them on a baking sheet, cover with a piece of clingfilm and chill for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
How long do you freeze fat bombs?
Keto fat bombs can be easily frozen and used at any time when hungry and crave some sweeties. When you shaped the balls, arrange them in one line on the tray (or whatever you have at hand, for example, chopped board or plate). Cover them with a piece of clingfilm and freeze at least 30 minutes. Then throw them in a zipper seal bag or hermetic casserole and return in the freezer. Now you can store them up to 2-3 months and enjoy with pleasure later on!
- Keto fat bombs recipe is highly customizable. You can vary with nuts, or substitute almond flour with coconut one.
- If you are not following a ketogenic diet, you can use pure maple or agave syrup or even honey as a sweetener.
- This recipe can be easily customized to vegan diet. Just substitute whipping cream with coconut cream and regular butter with coconut butter.
- You can be more creative and make different shapes and roll them in a different coating (for example nuts or chocolate chips).
Keto Cocoa Fat Bombs
- rubber spatula
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup almonds previously chopped in a food processor
- 3 tbsp whipping cream (33% M.F.)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar optional
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- In a saucepan preheat a little (do not boil it), 3 tsp of whipping cream (33% M.F.). Melt in warm cream 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Put all dry ingredients in a bowl: 1 cup of almond flour,1 cup of almonds ( previously chopped in a food processor), 3 tbsp of cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of sugar. Mix well until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- Shape the balls in about one-inch diameter out of the obtained composition. Take 2 plates, in one add some cacao powder, in the second - shredded coconut. Now roll half of the balls through cocoa powder and the remaining half into the shredded coconut. Arrange them on a baking sheet, cover with a piece of clingfilm and chill for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator before serving.