Last Updated on August 20, 2020 by YourFoodBuddy
Instant pot broccoli recipe is an appetizing seasonal side dish, easy and healthy – a real passe-partout. Delicious and slightly crunchy, they are sautéed in a base of butter and garlic. Instant pot broccoli is a healthy and delicious contour dish for meat and fish courses.
When cooking instant broccoli you are always on the safe side. It is in fact a delicious and tasty seasonal side dish that lends itself to various combinations. Broccoli has a rich yet delicate flavor, and that is what makes this vegetable such a perfect accompaniment for main courses such as baked cod, roasted salmon steak, or beef marbled steak. For a lighter and faster dinner option, they are also excellent when topped with cheeses such as gorgonzola, parmesan, or cheddar.
Is broccoli a healthy vegetable?
Besides being very tasty and beautifully colored in vivid greed, there are numerous reasons why you should introduce this vegetable in your diet. Not everyone knows, however, broccoli has many beneficial properties that can prevent some of the most serious illnesses. Here are some of the main benefits of broccoli consumption:
- Powerful antioxidant properties. Among vegetables like cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, broccoli has the highest concentration of vitamin C and flavonoids, carotenoids, and beta-carotene. Broccoli also contains a rare combination of Vitamin A and Vitamin K. All these antioxidant compounds rank the vegetable as one of the healthiest foods in the world.
- Strong prevention agent of brain cell degeneration. Broccoli contains sulforaphane, which is the chemical substance known to help the body against the deterioration of brain cells. As a result, this is what keeps the brain lucid.
- Anti depression properties. The antioxidants and vitamin C found in broccoli help fight depression.
- Beneficial for epileptics. Broccoli is useful for reducing epileptic seizures thanks to the high content of vitamin B5.
- Heartburn alleviation. Broccoli antioxidants in combination with beta-carotene and its typical vitamins are excellent in relieving symptoms of heartburn.
- Normalization of high blood pressure. Thanks to the same combination of antioxidants and nutrients, broccoli is useful in preventing high blood pressure.
- Adjuvants in dermatological treatments. Thanks to the high content of beta-carotene, vitamin C, and folate, broccoli is useful in treating the symptoms of dermatological diseases. Moreover, it has shown effective in the treatment of psoriasis.
What is the healthiest way to cook broccoli?
At this point, it is very important to know what is the best way to cook broccoli to keep all its beneficial properties intact. For that, always chose to cook broccoli with steam for a short time. As you can understand, this is one of the main reasons why instant pot is the best option when cooking broccoli.
Ingredients for the Instant pot broccoli
This is one of those recipes that require minimum time, effort, and ingredients. Make sure your instant pot is somewhere close and gather this list of ingredients:
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (optional, if you like garlic like me)
To garnish the plate, you may sprinkle some sesame seeds. Besides giving an appealing aspect to the dish, the sesame seeds will also add tastiness and crunchiness.
How to clean broccoli?
Cleaning broccoli is not difficult, all you need is the right tools: a sharp knife and a peeler.
Start the cleaning process by washing the vegetable under running water. Don’t be greedy with the water, rinse well to make sure that the possible dirt, germs, and even little bugs come out. The nooks and cracks are the perfect hiding spot for the undesired “guests” of the broccoli.
Once washed under running water, cut all the florets while keeping the stems. Use a potato peeler to remove the skin and hardest part of the stem and then cut them in half lengthwise.
How to sautee broccoli in the instant pot?
Once you have washed, cleaned, and cut the broccoli, get your attention to the instant pot. Set the “sautee” program and add 2 tablespoons of butter. In the meantime peel and crush the garlic cloves, then chop them finely. When you see the butter has melted, add the garlic and let it saute for about 1 minute or a little less. Finally, add the broccoli, season with salt and granulated garlic for an intenser flavor, close the lid and let it saute for about 7-10 minutes. If you like it crunchier, press the “cancel” button on your instant pot in 7 minutes.
When sauteed, to stop the cooking process, it is best to take out the broccoli from the instant pot and transfer it to a bowl or a plate.
That is all it takes to prepare a super delicious yet incredibly healthy dinner or contour to any of your favorite meat or fish dishes.
How to serve broccoli?
Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and serve. Or, just like I have previously mentioned, serve the broccoli next to fish or meat dishes and enjoy!
How to store broccoli?
You can store the broccoli in the fridge for the second day. Just cover them with a cling film or use an airtight container and place them in the fridge. Reheat broccoli on the stove by adding a bit of water to the pan. You can as well use the microwave to warm up your meal, in this case, you don’t need to add extra water.
Sautéed Instant Pot Broccoli With Butter
- instant pot
- 2 medium broccoli
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds optional, for garnment
- Wash, clean and cut the broccoli
- Set the "sautee" program on instant pot and add the butter to melt
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves
- Add garlic to butter, let sautee for about 1 minute or less
- Add the broccoli and season with salt and granulated garlic
- Covel lid to sautee for 7-10 minutes. For crunchy broccoli, go for 7 minutes
- Press "cancel" on the instant pot. Open the lid and transfer broccoli to a plate
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve