Last Updated on September 29, 2020 by Cookie
Say yes to Jell-O! The homemade fruity Jell-O recipe is quick to make and a fun treat for all ages. Just a few natural ingredients and you can serve a light, delicious, and aromatic kind of dessert.
I don’t think that there are people in the world that haven’t tried at least once the jelly!
Jelly or Jell-O reminds me of the old days my mom was spoiling us with this simple, cheap, and old-fashioned but still so famous fun treat. This is the sweetest way to healthily indulge your tastes and weakness when you seek for something delicious. Also, this childhood dream has now become my daughter’s one of her favourite desserts. I try to make jellies very often and try to combine fruits to create my own Jell-O flavours.
This wiggly jelly I make at home contains fresh fruits or fruit juice, no additives, no artificial colours, or preservatives. So fun to make them and such a delish treat to savour. This kind of low-calorie sweeties and kid-friendly I often make to delishly treat my little daughter as well as my husband.
Making these colourful jellies is a pleasure as my daughter gets involved in helping me to create these outstanding Jell-O made with lemons, blueberries, and ultra-sweet strawberries.
Using fresh fruits inside the jelly makes the aroma more pronounced and real. You will feel so happy eating these yummy and funny jellies that you will want to make more and more of them.
Is it healthy to eat Jell-O?
Jello is healthy when it is made at home of the best qualitative ingredients. This fat-free and low-calorie fun treats are delicious and yummy to enjoy. Made of fresh fruits or fresh juice without sugar, preservatives and additives, they can be healthy to eat. Buying them in stores, I don’t think they are good for our health, as they may contain sugar in the best cases, but most of them contain aspartame (a controversial sweetener).
So, making them at home guarantees you a better and healthier way to enjoy this simple but loaded of nourishing benefits jellies.
How to make fruity jello from scratch?
Making or creating this bright colourful, fabulous, and yummy jelly at home is a real fun treat. I adore making them with my daughter and experiencing with fruits and aromas. Try my simple and quick recipe and let your imagination overwhelm my recipe.
The ingredients for making the right proportions depend on what kind of jelly you are using. Read the instruction behind the jelly pack to assure the correct proportions.
- 3 packs of different aromas – strawberry, lemon, blueberries. Here you can experience with different tastes and fruits.
- Fruits – fresh and juicy strawberries, sour slices of lemon, and blueberries.
For the jelly recipe, I make I need 13.5 oz (400ml) of boiling water to dissolve with the jelly mixture. So if I make three packs then I make the mathematics.
I take some nice, but simple glasses wash them properly in hot soapy water and warm them to avoid any dirties.
Take a big saucepan and bring the water to boil. Meanwhile, cut the strawberries and slice 1 lemon. Pour the boiling water into the powder jelly and whisk well to perfectly dissolve the mixture. Then, pour the jelly mixture into individual serving glasses. Add the fruits. Make sure to fill the glasses to within ¼ inch of tops.
Let the mixture cold down well, before you will refrigerate for no less than 2-3 hours.
You can either refrigerate them overnight or for 2-3 hours before serving. Also, you can top some fresh fruits or garnish your jellies with some whipped cream.
Simple and healthy!
How long does jello last?
Homemade jello can last in your refrigerator for up to 10 days. However, keep in mind that homemade jellies have to be completely sealed and eat if they are taken out of the fridge. You shouldn’t refrigerate them more times.
In my house, I don’t have leftovers as I try to make not so many jellies and they are quickly eaten.
- The jelly recipe is so versatile that you can easily use any flavours and aromas you like.
- The fruits – here the problem arises as you may think what fruits can I use and what are the fruits I can’t. So try to avoid pineapples, kiwis to the jello as they have too many enzymes and cause the jello not to set. Other fruits like strawberries, bananas, lemons can be easily used into jelly.
- Alcohol – a great option to make jellies-taste more for adults.
Easy Homemade Fruity Jell-O
- 3 pack jelly
- 1 cup fruits
- Take a big saucepan and bring the water to boil. Meanwhile, cut the strawberries and slice 1 lemon.
- Pour the boiling water into the powder jelly and whisk well to perfectly dissolve the mixture. Then, pour the jelly mixture into individual serving glasses.
- Add the fruits. Make sure to fill the glasses to within ¼ inch of tops.
- Let the mixture cold down well, before you will refrigerate for no less than 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy this simple and healthy homemade jelly!