Chocolate cookies are always a healthy indulgence in our family. These cookies are packed with butter, very chewy, incredibly soft, and easy to make. Made of high-quality ingredients, these chocolate cookies are everything you need in your life.
There is always a small place in your stomach for some sweeties. Healthy homemade chocolate cookies are a lovely combination of flavors and definitely a sweet escape. Because we are on the eve of the upcoming holidays, baked cookies are chocolate goodness that everyone loves. Burst with seductive aromas, these chocolate cookies are the absolute best.
I adore Christmas holidays as they are so magical and spiritual that I always want to impress my family with something special, healthy, and easy. I try to bake these chocolate cookies with plenty, or how my mom says with lots of heart-healthy almond flour. The best quality dark chocolate, almond flour, lot of butter, and sour/sweet cherries make these cookies taste toothsome. What I love about these chocolate cookies, is how healthy they can be and not losing their sweetness and delicacy. Also, these healthier chocolate crispy cookies need no all-purpose flour, as well as you can skip the sugar by adding honey. Chewy, soft and delicious chocolate cookies are the ultimate back to school treat, as my daughter loves to pack some of them and eat at lunch with her friends. When I make these delicious chocolate cookies, I try to involve her to help me, especially when I lay them on parchment paper. This is so funny and at the same time so unique feelings that we simply adore spending time together creating magic moments.
These amazing chocolate cookies have a perfect combination of being truly crispy outside and chewy and soft on the inside. Also, many still can avoid the frozen cherries, but the juicy aroma combined with dark chocolate is out of this world. I still consider that one of the best combinations in cookies or cakes still remains the old-fashioned cherry paired with chocolate chips. Super-easy to make, these chocolate cookies are done in just 10 minutes and bake 15 more minutes, but the aroma in the house is worth any impatience.
These delicious and yummy chocolate cookies are healthy to eat, easy to make, and sweet indulgence of chocolate addiction.
How to make chocolate cookies dough?
You will go crazy for this chocolate cookies dough and will get perfect chocolate cookies! This cookie recipe is best tried – so easy and so good. You do not need any sophisticated ingredients, no chilling time and just 12-15 for baking.
This recipe is for about 8-10 cookies. Take one bar of dark chocolate (100 gr) and 2 tbsp (30 g) of unsalted butter – melt them on a steam bath. While you are preparing the other ingredients, leave this mixture to cool down. Now beat one egg with 5 tbsp of sugar until the volume increases. When fragile fluffy foam formed add chocolate mixture and mix gently. Then sift ¼ cup (50 gr) of almond flour with ½ tsp of baking powder in the obtained mixture. Make sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
How do I bake the perfect chocolate cookie?
Lay on your baking sheet a piece of parchment paper. Then with a spoon arrange cookies dough in circles with a diameter of 2 inches(5-6 cm). Top with dry berries, chocolate chips (there is never too much chocolate), nuts or whatever you love. Today I had frozen cherries. Before laying on cookies I defrost cherries and then mix them with a tsp of cornstarch(cornstarch will absorb all extra juice).
Bake cookies for about 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven at 350°F (180°C).
When chocolate cookies are baked, be patient and leave them cool down on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes. In about 15 minutes you can transfer them on the plate with no fear that your cookies will crumble.
And enjoy every single bite of sweeties!
What butter to use?
For this recipe, the best butter is the unsalted one. In many of my cookie recipes, I add unsalted butter as I can control the salt content in the mixture, so I try to avoid the regular butter.
Can you freeze these chocolate cookies?
Yes, you can freeze these best chocolate cookies for up to 1-2 months. Place them in an airtight container, after being cooled down, separating them with parchment paper or wax. They can be stored for a couple of months or days, and best served after reheated in the oven or microwave.
But, considering that they are done in just 15 minutes, I think that freezing this goddess is useless as they are best served and eaten immediately.
Chocolate Cookies Tips:
- The qualitative dark chocolate is more preferable for this recipe, but you can still substitute it with a combined dark with milk chocolate.
- Adding honey will make your chocolate cookies more healthy, but you can still go the classical way by adding just sugar.
- Frozen cherries are optional as you can replace them with raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips or other ingredients you like.
- Many still add margarine, but I definitely will advise not to replace butter with margarine.
- Cocoa is also an option, but I try not to add it in this chocolate cookie recipe.
- Almond flour can be substituted will all-purpose flour.
- If you are using frozen fruits, always defrost them before laying on cookies. To absorb the extra juice add cornstarch to the frozen cherries.
These chewy and rich chocolate cookies are healthy and easy to make. Loaded with pleasant aromas, these fudgy cookies a double indulgence due to the rich and intense dose of chocolate and the sourly/sweet cherries topped on them. No one will resist this sweet temptation!
Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- baking pan
- parchment paper
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 bar dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 16 frozen cherries
- Melt on a steam bath one bar of dark chocolate (100 gr) and 2 tbsp (30 g) of unsalted butter. While you are preparing the other ingredients, leave this mixture to cool down.
- Beat one egg with 5 tbsp of sugar until the volume increases. When fragile fluffy foam formed add chocolate mixture and mix gently. Then sift ¼ cup (50 gr) of almond flour with ½ tsp of baking powder in the obtained mixture. Make sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Lay on your baking sheet a piece of parchment paper. Then with a spoon arrange cookies dough in circles with a diameter of 2 inches(5-6 cm). For today I had chosen frozen cherries. Before garnishing cherries on cookies, I defrost and mix them with a tsp of cornstarch (cornstarch will absorb the extra juice).
- Bake cookies for about 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven at 350°F (180°C). When chocolate cookies are baked, be patient and leave them cool down on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes. In about 15 minutes you can transfer them on the plate with no fear that your cookies will crumble.
- Enjoy every single bite of sweeties!