Bacon Sandwich with Cheddar and Tomatoes is a hearty and delicious breakfast recipe to enjoy next to anything. Fresh and healthy veggies with some Italian bacon and grilled cheese is nothing more than a lingering -start of the day.
Who doesn’t love breakfasts and especially sandwiches in the morning?
I adore such inventions, and my family find the fun in making them next to me. Melting cheese, salty bacon, tomatoes, and a fresh baguette is everything you need to impress your family or friends.
Sandwiches or toasted bread are so versatile that you can skip or add anything you like. For example, some green leaves will be even more healthy and tasty. One more option that will be great here is to fry both slices of bread in eggs; I have skipped this moment as I have fried them in the fat from the bacon. Maybe you will think, oh no, this is disgusting or unhealthy, but trust me, we eat such sandwiches once or twice per year. So, nothing bad happens.
I am always pro healthy and colourful food, but I want junk food, as well.
This sandwich is coated in everything you have and pan-fried until the cheese melts and the bread turns brown and crunchy. A 15-minute dish to savour every bite. This sandwich should be eaten warm when cheese melts and all the ingredients taste much better.
This is classic comfort food to enjoy and savour once in a while. Or, on the contrary, you can make it healthier and satisfying.
Such sandwiches are truly hearty, and this is why I try to make one per person.
- Replace bacon with ham; this is also a great option.
- Cheese, here you can play with any you have. For example, parmesan or mozzarella could also be an idea.
- Green leaves: arugula, spinach, basil, or others you have.
- Also, some pickles. I haven’t added them, but I thought it was a great idea.
- Fresh onion.
This bacon sandwich with Cheddar cheese and tomatoes recipe is easy to make and truly flavourful. A salad can make it a healthy and great counterpart.
How to make Bacon Sandwich with Cheddar and Tomatoes?
Making this bacon sandwich at home is easy and fun as you can fill it up with everything you have. As my family and I adore cheese, a lot of cheese, Italian pancetta, some ripe tomatoes then this sandwich assembles quick and goes even quicker.
As I have mentioned, one sandwich per person is more than enough as it is truly hearty and satisfying. So, bacon sandwich with Cheddar cheese and tomatoes is a moement of inspiration and tasty minutes. Enjoy the time.
- Start with bacon. Here you can skip it or replace it with ham, optional. I usually buy pancetta as it isn’t too salty, more crunchy, tastier, and delicious. Bacon or pancetta should be of the best and fresh quality.
- Cheese – here, the line is endless. Cheddar is probably the best used one in my house if speaking about toasts, sandwiches, wraps. However, you can choose mozzarella, parmesan, blue cheese, and halloumi. We adore halloumi grilled in salads – it is really fantastic. I combined cheddar with soft and creamy mozzarella and topped some parmesan on the bread while pan-frying.
- Tomatoes -the ripe, the better. Cherry tomatoes or big heirloom ones are one of the best as they are big, easy to cut rounds, and sweet.
- Dressing and small chopped spring onions are optional and at your discretion. Because my pancetta was a little salty, I tried to add some herbs to my cheese mix to add more flavour and texture.
On medium heat, fry the bacon. It takes about 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend the cheese as it is much easier and quicker.
Take all the ingredients and start to layer the sandwich. Mix all types of cheese with some herbs and top the bottom slices of bread: top bacon and tomatoes and cover with another slice of bread.
Into the same skillet with the remaining fat, pan-fry sandwiches. Cook about 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melting.
Serve immediately warm.
It is fantastically delicious and tasty, the cheese melts in your mouth, and the crunchy bacon with tomatoes add aromas and flavours.
A must-try for breakfast weekends.
Bacon Sandwich with Cheddar and Tomatoes
- 4 slices bred
- 3.5 oz bacon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 2 tomatoes
- spring onion
- On medium heat, fry the bacon. It takes about 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor blend the cheese as it is much easier and quicker. Mix all types of cheese with some herbs and top the bottom slices of bread.
- Take all the ingredients and start to layer the sandwich. Add the cheese, top bacon and tomatoes and cover with another slice of bread the sandwiches.
- Into the same skillet with the remaining fat, pan-fry sandwiches. Cook about 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melting.
- Serve immediately warm.