This simple veggie blend of potatoes, carrots, and green beans are the ideal fall staple for any parties or the perfect side dish to the main course. A healthy mixture of one of our favorite veggies is roasted to perfection. The golden to caramelized veggies tossed in a simple dressing and lots of garlic will create not just a soft and creamy texture but an irresistible aroma to follow.
The best Roasted veggies are perfect at any time throughout the year because you can easily always find in marketplace good quality potatoes, carrots, and green beans. You can use either frozen or fresh vegetables. Definitely, frozen veggies won’t roast as well as the fresh ones, but just use whatever you have. The fresh veggies will be more caramelized and crunchy with a better tasting.
So simple, but so flavorful that you will want to bake them more often. My husband adores roasted potatoes but I like more veggies this is why I mix more of them to fulfill both preferences. Here you can play with your imagination as any vegetables you will roast will taste great.
Roasted vegetables are perfect as go-to to any dinner recipe or simple as they are.
Ingredients you will need for Roasted Potatoes and Veggies:
- Baby carrots
- Green beans
- Garlic – a lot of fresh garlic. If you do not like garlic taste substitute it with garlic powder as its flavor is milder. However, the authentic taste of fresh garlic is more pronounced and adds more flavor to the dish, but it is up to you what to choose.
- Olive oil – I am using qualitative extra virgin olive oil as I do care about my health and always buy bio olive oil. But you can easily use any kind you like sesame oil, canola oil or even qualitative sunflower oil.
- Butter – this will give extra flavor and softness to the vegetables.
- Italian herbs – I like using this in many of my dishes they pair so well with roasted veggies. You can easily season with fresh/dry basil, oregano, thyme, and rosemary that is also authentic for roasted vegetables.
- Salt and pepper – this is about sister and brother. Season vegetables to your tase. Add some chili flakes if you want it more spicy and hot.
What temperature is best for roasting vegetables?
When roasting vegetables always use high heat. The best temperature for roasting veggies is average between 400°F and 450°F. It all depends on vegetables you are roasting and how thin they are diced.
How to makeRoasted Potatoes and Veggies?
You can’t imagine how delicious these vegetables are on the tray! Nicely caramelized at the edges, seasoned with a lot of garlic this dish will surprise you for sure. I cook roasted potatoes and veggies quite often in the oven, served next to steaks or scrambled eggs.
This recipe has no fixed quantities and ingredients. You can juggle them depending on the available vegetables and the number of people.
However, I recommend keeping it simple with this classic combo, respecting these vegetables: potato, baby carrots, and green beans. Keep in mind that different veggies suppose different cooking times and texture so they may not work for you. So if you are going to roast bigger-size veggies try to cut them smaller.
Heat a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Add 3 tbsp of butter to melt. Then add 7 crushed garlic cloves. Leave them frying for 2-3 minutes, then transfer in a large mixing bowl.
Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
Meanwhile, clean and slice 3 medium to big size potatoes. Transfer them to the bowl with butter and garlic. Add green beans and baby carrots, about 12 oz of each. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Toss veggies until they are coated.
Tip the vegetables into a large roasting tray and spread them evenly. Stirring occasionally, roast veggies for 40-45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until they are cooked through and slightly browned.
What do you eat with roasted potatoes?
This is a simple recipe of roasted veggies that I simply adore and like served next to any kind of meat or fish. They will complete any meals due to their heartiness and deliciousness. Choose and pair this fabulous recipe with the following dishes:
- Keto Chicken Breasts with Bacon and Cheese filling
- Tender&Juicy Roasted Rabbit recipe
- Crispy Butterflied Chicken
- Delish Country Style Pork Ribs
These baked vegetables are extraordinarily easy and quick to prepare and have a fantastic taste!
Addicting Roasted Potatoes and Veggies
- baking pan
- 3 potatoes medium to big size
- 12 oz baby carrots
- 12 oz green beans
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Add 3 tbsp of butter to melt. Then add 7 crushed garlic cloves. Leave them frying for 2-3 minutes, then transfer in a large mixing bowl.
- Add to butter and garlic, potatoes, green beans, and baby carrots. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Toss veggies until they are coated.
- Tip the vegetables into a large roasting tray and spread them evenly. Stirring occasionally, roast veggies in a preheated oven at 400 °F for 40-45 minutes, or until they are cooked through and slightly browned.
- Serve immediately.