Vegan Crispy Baked Avocado Fries are a tasty and healthy appetizer that puts any meal under the spotlight. Vegan, healthy, crunchy on the outside, and creamy on the inside, this fun and easy appetizer is dangerously addicting.
These crunchy avocado sticks are simply crazy at taste. I and this fruit didn’t get alongwell for a long time, although I knew it is incredibly healthy. But,for a while now, I rediscovered it and started using avocado very often, in salads, dressings, or just as a simple topping for sandwiches. If you are looking for a healthy and tasty snack with avocado, definitely try this deliciously easy recipe.
The avocado fries recipe is done in just 15 minutes, and you can’t go wrong with it. It is an exciting way to use avocados. Although raw avocado remains healthier, baked – tastes less fatty. These crispy avocado sticks easily replace an unhealthy portion of french fries. These nutrition fries provide the same satisfying crunch as their potato counterpart due to a panko breadcrumb coating. Once you taste them, you will crave them again and again.
Avocado Health Benefits:
Avocado is an excellent product that can be eaten at any time of the day. Its buttery core is among the healthiest foods in the world. Avocados are full of vitamins and fiber, and their nutrients contribute to maintaining health and figure.
Meals that contain avocados are very nutritious, filling, and healthy. According to The World’s Healthiest Foods, avocado is a fruit rich in healthy fats (monounsaturated), vitamin B5 and B6, fiber, vitamin K, folic acid, magnesium, vitamin E, potassium, and vitamin C.
One study showed that after consuming an avocado, the levels of fiber, potassium, vitamin K and vitamin E significantly rise. Most parts of the monounsaturated fats in avocado is oleic acid, which plays an essential role in preventing heart disease. Avocado also helps control blood sugar, satiety, and body weight, regulate insulin and reduce the risk of inflammation in the body.
So, do not hesitate and introduce avocado to your diet!
How to choose avocado?
Both for taste and its nutritional qualities, it is essential the avocado to be ripe enough (not overripe). The simplest way to choose the right one is first to take it in hand. Avocado should have intact, shiny skin and seem harder to its size. Lightly press the skin with the finger. If you feel certain flexibility, then avocado is ripe enough. If not, then it is still unripe.
In case you grab too-firm avocado, do not through it away. You can accelerate its ripening process by putting it in a paper bag and store for1-2 days in a dark place (not in the refrigerator). Once riped, avocado should be eaten within 1-2 days.
How to makeCrispy Baked Avocado Fries?
Crispy on the outside and buttery soft on the inside, this outstanding appetizer paired with tangy dipping sauce will delightyour taste buds.
This crispy baked avocado fries recipe involves just a short list of ingredients easy-to-find in every supermarket. The king of this recipe – avocado – must be ripe but firm. If you grab too soft fruit, it will not be easy to handle with.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper.
For a delicious and vegan healthy meal for two people, grab 2 avocados. Cut each of them into 8 slices. To preserve green and fresh color while baking, drizzle slices with some fresh lime juice. Pour some olive oil into a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine one cup of breadcrumbs with one teaspoon salt and one teaspoon garlic powder. Now dip each slice of avocado in oil (this will allows the breadcrumbs to adhere to the avocado) and then coat it in a breadcrumbs mixture.
Arrange slices in one layer on the prepared baking sheet. Send the tray to the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Once the avocado fries have reached a beautiful golden brown color, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for a while.
What dipping sauce goes with Avocado Fries?
These crispy baked avocado fries will pair perfectly with any sauces you like. For today I choose to serve fries with a simple tangy sauce made of a blend of homemade mayonnaise and sriracha. Combine 1 cup of mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon of sriracha sauce.
For inspiration, find below more indulgent dipping sauce that you will probably like:
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Keto Buffalo Sauce
- Vegan Tahini Sauce
- Avocado Hollandaise Sauce
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- For the gluten-free version, instead of regular breadcrumbs, use gluten-free breadcrumbs or delightful tortilla chips.
- If you are looking for keto baked avocado fries, then substitute breadcrumbs with crushed nuts.
- You can add any spices you prefer for more flavor, like black pepper, curry, paprika.
- If you a not looking for a vegan version of avocado fries, you can use a traditional egg wash for coating.
- You can store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. But once send to the refrigerator, the crunchy texture will soften.
Vegan Crispy Baked Avocado Fries
- 2 avocado
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lime
- sauce for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper.
- Grab 2 avocados and cut each of them into 8 slices. To preserve green and fresh color while baking, drizzle slices with some fresh lime juice. Pour some olive oil into a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine one cup of breadcrumbs with one teaspoon salt and one teaspoon garlic powder. Now dip each slice of avocado in oil (this will allows the breadcrumbs to adhere to the avocado) and then coat it in a breadcrumbs mixture.
- Arrange slices in one layer on the prepared baking sheet. Send the tray to the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Once the avocado fries have reached a beautiful golden brown color, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for a while.
- Serve withany sauces you like.