Bruschetta is my all-time favorite Italian antipasto! It is one of the best dishes to make, loaded with flavors, simple to prepare and heavenly tasty.
What is Bruschetta?
A traditional Italian bruschetta recipe always starts with a crusty grilled slice of bread topped with simple, yet fresh ingredients: red tomatoes, fresh basil and some drops of olive oil. This refreshing, yet hearty appetizer is the best you need at a picnic or for a special table. These juicy snacks will always make your table look and be savory, tasteful, and elegant.
A bruschetta can have any kind of toppings you like and can imagine. What I like most about bruschettas is the easiest way it is done, and the delicious and crispy complement to any of my entrees. Every special table I use to arrange for my friends or family is full of mouth-watering dishes and of course Italian bruschettas that are out of this world.
When I have visited Rome, some years ago, I was served bruschettas all the time for lunch and dinner. I saw that in Italy, bruschetta is a simple, yet yummy antipasto that everyone knows to whip up at the drop of a hat. A fresh ciabatta, ripe tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil, oregano herbs, and some olive oil will make your classic bruschetta recipe a great and delightful appetizer.
Despite the classical-made bruschettas, I adore many enticing toppings and different delicious dressings. Definitely, the classical recipe is always popular, but sometimes I want it more special and more elegant. This is why I will try to introduce my different delicious toppings bruschettas that can be made as simple as you like but of the best quality.
Bruschetta with smoked salmon is one of my favorites as I adore the perfect combination between the smoked salmon and fresh cucumbers. For this type of bruschetta, I have used black grilled bread greased with soft cream cheese, topped with qualitative smoked salmon and fresh slices of cucumbers. This is a light snack loaded with intense flavors great to have for any occasion or as a simple and quick appetizer.
For Note: sometimes I marinate the salmon I use for my bruschetta, but sometimes when I am in a hurry I buy only smoked salmon, but not too salty.
Bruschetta with baked bell pepper is one of the tops and most delicious bruschettas. I adore baked bell peppers, especially when it comes to dressing for one of the best snacks to have. This ultimate appetizer combined with goat cheese is out of this world. A colorful and savory side dish will bring out the natural sweetness of baked bell peppers topped on the best whole-wheat white bread.
For this kind of bruschetta, you can bake any kind of peppers you like, even the chili ones. It goes perfect with any colorful and size pepper.
Bruschetta with Eggs & Avocado is a simple, but satisfying appetizer ideal for breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a snack. This is one of the most tasteful bruschettas’ made of whole-grain bread topped with fresh slices of avocado, a fried egg to start your day right and healthy. Be it either a poached egg, scrambled or fried one, the taste in all of these dishes will be divine. This protein-full bruschetta has all beneficial nutrients from avocado and egg. This kind of hearty and delicious bruschetta will keep you full and energetic the whole day. You can sprinkle with some drops of balsamic vinegar over it, but I like to keep it simple and authentic.
I like to use the best quality eggs, and before using them I wash and recommend you to wash them properly. I like ripe avocado used in any of my dishes, very soft with dark purple skin. Very rarely I buy the green type of avocado as they are too hard and not as ripe and soft as I like.
Bruschetta with guacamole is a must-have appetizer for any occasions or parties. They save you a lot of time and look so elegant and yummy on the table. I adore guacamole in anyways, but topped on a piece of fresh whole grain bread with some fresh red onion and some drops of olive oil are more than delightful – it is toothsome. This bruschetta will look on your table fashionable and super tasty.
Bruschetta with chicken & cucumber takes more time to be prepared, but worth it. First of all, you have to fry the chicken breast to obtain a crispy skin and a smooth texture inside. Usually, it takes about 7-10 minutes on each side to obtain the desired result. On a slice of whole-grain bread grease the home-made mayonnaise top slices of chicken breast with some fresh slices of cucumber. The result of this yummy bruschetta in just 15 minutes is applaudable, full of flavor and ideal for parties, as well as lunch or breakfast snacks.
I adore any kind of bruschettas with delicious home-made toppings. What is also great about bruschettas is that they can be refrigerated up to 3 days. Nothing screams summer and healthiness like bruschettas topped with juicy and rich aromas.
- For an authentic and tasty bruschetta, I will definitely suggest whole grain white bread or a black one made of cereals. But many still use bruschetta bread from packed.
- Toppings here are infinite: you can top and dress your bruschetta with anything you have in your fridge along with some fresh salad or greenies.
- This is an ideal dish for summer, or winter to gather your friends and to please them with some fresh, healthy, flavorful bruschettas.
- It is better to garnish and grease your bruschettas before serving to have a crunchy and tasty bread, as well as fresh taste and colors.
This great appetizer and best bruschetta ready in just a few minutes will put a smile on your face.
Delicious Bruschetta Toppings
- Large cutting board
- rubber spatula
- grill skillet
- 1 whole-grain bread
- 5 slices of black bread
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 spring onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 avocado
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 cucumbers
- 10 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 pack cream cheese
- Fry the whole-grain white or black bread on each side for 1-2 minutes.
- Put aside and make the toppings.
- Grease 2 slices of black bread with cream cheese and top 2 slices of smoked salmon with some slices of fresh cucumbers.
- Grease with cream cheese 2 slices of whole-grain white bread and top the baked already bell pepper. You can bake your pepper a day before, or at the moment you are doing your bruschettas. It takes about 10-15 minutes to bake and then peel the skin off and put over your greased bruschettas.
- Top 1 fried egg over your bruschettas with some fresh ripe avocado and some fresh chopped spring onions.
- You can make the guacamole ahead, or at the time you are preparing your bruschettas. I made it ahead, but it is okay if you make it at the time you are cooking all your bruschettas. Mash with a fork your ripe avocado. Add chopped red onion, some drops of olive oil and some juice of a fresh lime.
- Season with sea salt and pepper all your bruschettas.
- Garnish with some fresh herbs or greenies.