Today it’s about Chicken Breast In Creamy Truffle Sauce With Asparagus. Honestly speaking, I don’t know which ingredient is the one that gives the dish such a delicate and soft taste. But in the end, I think it’s about the harmonious combination of all the ingredients. All-together, they reveal their subtle and tasty notes one from the other. The beautiful part of things is that this dish is so elegant and versatile that it is unlikely to leave your family or guests without impressions.
The first time I made this recipe was when we celebrated the 10th anniversary of our marriage. The guests went like “Oh, what a tender chicken breast and what a velvety sauce!”. I was somehow surprised initially. That’s because I had made the recipe quickly, and I did not expect it to generate so many ovations. But the guests’ reaction was so fired up about the dinner that I thought it would be good to leave the recipe here, for our loyal readers.
With this tasty introductory note, let’s see what ingredients you will need for it. I’ll tell you from the start that some similar recipes omit some of those I will further mention. My recommendation, though, is to stick to the full list of ingredients. It is enough for one of them to be missing and you risk compromising either the luscious texture or the discerning flavor of the dish. So, I have full confidence that you will do things right.
Chicken breast is an extremely versatile ingredient. It is as tasty as it is easy to prepare. In combination with the ingredients in this recipe, the chicken breast is so tender. The sauce has such a velvety and creamy texture that you can never get enough of.
Ingredients you will need:
- three boneless, skinless medium chicken breasts;
- ½ tbs salt;
- ½ tbs ground paprika;
- ⅙ tbs ground black pepper;
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic;
- 3 tbsp homemade truffle butter;
- 2 cups of heavy cream;
- ½ tbs dried dill;
- ½ tbs dried parsley;
- 1 cup of peas;
- a bunch of asparagus.
More recipe made of chicken breast:
- Keto Cheese Chicken Breast
- Keto Roasted Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Cheese Filling
- One-Pan Chicken Chili Bake
- Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
- Honey & Soy Chicken
- Chimichurri Marinated Chicken
How to make Chicken Breast In Creamy Truffle Sauce?
First of all, wash the chicken breast well and cut it in half. Remove the bones (in case you bought it with bones). You can actually prepare the chicken breast in a saucepan. But I suggest you get an Air Fryer, if you don’t have it yet. Personally, I love this kitchen tool. It saves me plenty of time and makes the chicken breast so soft and juicy that no other tool can compete with it. At the same time, the crispy and slightly smoked texture leaves your mouth watering, literally.
Further on, you season it well with all the spices including garlic powder, salt and pepper, as well as paprika. My little secret for a more intense and deep taste is to leave it seasoned for about 20 minutes. During this time, the spices manage to permeate the chicken breast, giving it a more passionate taste.
While the spices do their work on the chicken breast, you can prepare the truffle butter and heavy cream sauce. For this, heat the pan and melt the homemade truffle butter on it until it has a homogeneous consistency. Once the butter has melted, add the 2 cups of heavy cream and leave the mixture on low heat until it starts boiling. This will take about 3-5 minutes on low heat. Watch the video for a better understanding:
In the meantime, turn on the Air Fryer and place the pieces of seasoned chicken breast in it. The breast cooks very quickly and will not take more than 7 minutes to complete preparation at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. When it is ready, you will be amazed by the juicy and fine texture of the breast.
By this time, the truffle butter and heavy cream sauce should already be slightly bubbling. All you have to do is add the dried dill and parsley for extra flavor and take the pan off the heat.
Assembly all together:
Once both the chicken breast and the sauce are ready, place the breast in the sauce adding the cup of peas. Green peas will compliment the dish with an accent of freshness. More than that, this ingredient will add aesthetic value and turn you into a real culinary professional.
Now, you’re probably wondering what to do with asparagus. Well, place this ingredient in the Air Fryer after removing the breast from it. You only need 4 minutes for the asparagus to cook and reveal all its nutritive and taste properties.
Many food bloggers will prefer mushrooms instead of asparagus. And I give them credit, but only when it’s not asparagus season. But if you have asparagus available in your stores, opt for it. This ingredient is extremely rich in fiber and protein. In addition, it also contains folic acid and vitamin K. Moreover, the abundance of vitamin B in it is extremely beneficial for health. And we want not only delicious but also healthy food, don’t we?
Having said that, the 4 minutes in the Air Fryer is more than enough for the asparagus to reveal all its nutritional values. When it’s ready, all you have to do is add it to the pan with chicken breast and sauce. Gently and carefully mix the asparagus with the sauce so that they exchange flavors.
The dinner is ready. You can sprinkle the dish with fresh parsley for a touch of decoration and freshness. The beautiful part of things is that you can serve it as a main dish or as a supplement for potatoes, pasta or gnocchi, or even rice. Savor it with pleasure!
Chicken Breast In Creamy Truffle Sauce
- air fryer
- large skillet
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/6 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 3 tbsp homemade truffle butter
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- a bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup peas
- Wash the chicken breast well and cut it in half. Remove the bones (in case you bought it with bones).
- Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic powder.
- Turn on the Air Fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place the seasoned chicken breast pieces in it. The breast cooks very quickly and will not take more than 7 minutes to complete preparation.
- Heat the pan and melt the homemade truffle butter on it. Once the butter has melted, add the 2 cups of heavy cream and leave the mixture for about 3-5 minutes on low heat.
- Once both the chicken breast and the sauce are ready, place the breast in the sauce adding the cup of peas. Leave it shimmering on low heat.
- Meanwhile, in the same air fryer pot, you have cooked the chicken, cook the asparagus for 4 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When it's ready, add it to the pan with chicken breast and sauce. Gently and carefully mix the asparagus with the sauce so that they exchange flavors.
- Sprinkle the dish with fresh parsley for a touch of decoration and freshness.