Nothing screams more healthiness than a bowl full of veggies and a delicious dressing that coats all ingredients and makes this bowl healthy, tasty, and colorful. Vegan Veggie Bowl is ideal ultimate comfort food ready in less than 15 minutes.
Enjoy all the fresh flavors in one bowl. There is nothing easier than filling a bowl with your favorite ingredients. You will love this crunchy vegan veggie bowl as much as we do. For more easy recipes, try our Skillet Cauliflower with green beans, Bulgur with cherry tomatoes & herbs, Roasted eggplant puree, Air fryer vegetable platter, Easy Quinoa Salad.
In addition to being healthy and delicious, this vegan bowl is quick and easy to assemble. This ultimate colorful bowl can also serve you a healthy way to start the day right. It has a perfect balance of veggies with plant-based cheese, making it so tasty and inviting—light and refreshing with crunchy ingredients to enjoy in the morning and during the day. You can savor it as an easy lunch, dinner, or a side dish alongside good steak. In addition, you can easily modify ingredients for a vegan bowl and adjust them per your taste.
I enjoy eating raw veggies, but I can not say this is always so. But the thought that a vegan bowl is easily customizing, energizing, and full of nutrients and healthy vitamins make me prepare it at least once a week.
What is in a Vegan Veggie Bowl?
This easy Vegan Veggie Bowl is packed with fluffy rice piled high with fresh vegetables and delicious dressing. Each ingredient of this bowl is loaded with flavor. As I already mentioned, it is easily customized to anyone’s taste. Below I will leave you the combination of ingredients that I found most delicious:
- fluffy long grain rice – I opt for a combo of uniquely grassy wild rice and Basmati rice;
- avocado – healthy fats are never excessive – grab a ripe, creamy avocado;
- bell pepper – adds a pleasant crunchy and sweet taste;
- cauliflower – if you need some healthy carbohydrates, this veggie is perfect. Cauliflower contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, provides antioxidants that can protect against cancer, and is packed with many other healthy nutrients;
- plant-based cheese – choose any cheese you like. Lately, I discovered cheese made of coconut milk, and I prefer it even better than Tofu.
- dressing – here nothing special but delicious – a combo of olive oil, toasted sesame oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, chili flakes, and garlic powder;
- toasted sesame seeds – for garnish.
How to make rice?
The only step that you need to pay attention to in this vegan veggie bowl recipe is to boil the rice – that you will use as a base for the dish. If you have an Instant Pot and want to fast-forward the process, here is how to make perfect Instant Pot Basmati Rice. But today, I will come up with the steps for the stovetop method.
Wash the rice thoroughly under a jet of cold water. This step is important if you want to obtain fluffy rice as it removes the excess starches. Watch the video below:
Bring a ratio of 1:2 of rice and water to boil in a large pot on high. Once bubbling, add a pinch of salt and lower the heat to a minimum. Simmer it covered for 15 – 20 minutes until all the liquid is completely absorbed. Cook without stirring.
Once cooked, let the rice rest covered for 15 more minutes.
How to assemble Vegan Veggie Bowl?
If your rice is cooked, you have no problem assembling the bowl. But before you start, make the dressing. In a small bowl or even easier jar, combine olive oil, toasted sesame oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, chili flakes, freshly squeezed lime juice, and garlic powder. Close the jar with a lid and give it a good twist. Combine the dressing ingredients with a small whisk if you use a bowl.
Chop the cauliflower and cheese into medium size pieces. Slice the avocado and the bell pepper. Assemble individual bowls using approximately the same amount of all ingredients you have. Give a generous drizzle of prepared dressing, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and spring onion.
Mix and ENJOY!
Vegan Veggie Bowl
- 1 cup boiled rice
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 bell pepper large
- 1 avocado large
- 7 oz plant-based cheese ot Tofu
- sesame seeds for garnish
- spring onion for garnish
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of chili flakes
How to make the rice:
- Using a ratio of 1:2 of rice and water, bring it to boil in a large pot on hight. Once bubbling, add a pinch of salt and lower the heat to a minimum. Simmer it covered for about 15 - 20 minutes until all the liquid is completely absorbed. Cook without stirring.
How to make dressing:
- In a jar, combine olive oil, toasted sesame oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, chili flakes, freshly squeezed lime juice, and garlic powder. Close the jar with a lid and give it a good twist.
How to assembly bowl:
- Chop the cauliflower and cheese into medium size pieces. Slice the avocado and the bell pepper. Assemble individual bowls using approximately the same amount of all ingredients you have.
- Give a generous drizzle of prepared dressing, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and some spring onion.