The recipe of Keto Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips is a perfect treat if you crave something sweet, chocolatey, and tasty but you are on a low-carb diet. For me, who is a lover of chocolate and peanuts, this delicious cookie is more than an ideal recipe, especially because it is prepared in just a few minutes with an amazing aroma filling my kitchen.
I am more than sure that this peanut butter cookie recipe will become one of your favorites sweet treats too. The smooth filling, the crunchy texture, and the delicious taste is everything you want to have after a hearty low-carb meal. I adore cookies, either chocolate cookies, peanut butter, or oatmeals ones, they all are among my favorites. I like making them and keeping them in ajar – my daughter simply can not resist trying them at once.
Speaking about cookies, or sweet desserts is simply my territory. I adore baking them, as well as eating them. Nothing screams sweeter indulgence in my kitchen like some chocolate cookies filled with peanut butter. Even though peanut butter is not recommended in big quantities, I still can not resist not making some of the best ever tasting cookies that are simply mouthwatering.
I inherited this cookies recipe from my grandmother. She uses to make us peanut butter cookies very often. Being inspired by the new trend of healthy eating, I decided to bring some small changes to the original recipe. So, now you can enjoy low-carb, gluten-free, sugar-free Keto peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips.
These peanut butter cookies are perfect for breakfast or as a snack during the day, especially for the to-go casserole!
Is peanut butter OK for ketosis?
Actually, almost all natural nuts butter is a low carb food. Nuts are high in healthy fats, have moderates amount of protein. It doesn’t matter what diet we are following our body needs energy and nutrition. Thus, nuts are perfect keto-friendly products. When choosing peanut butter make sure you check the label. It should be low in carb, all-natural, and with no added sugar.
Ingredients for Keto Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips:
These cookies are extremely easy to prepare. You do not need any special skills or even equipment. Speaking of ingredients, these are not hard to find either. Most of them are common ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Peanut butter – the main ingredient, can be found in any supermarket or made very easily at home.
Almond flour – nowadays almond flour is no more exotic product. Anyway, if you didn’t find any in your nearest market you can easily grind some whole almonds or almond flakes at home.
Coconut flour – use qualitative organic coconut flour with high-fat content.
Sugar-free chocolate chips – can also be found in big supermarkets. Do not worry if you didn’t find some, just use ordinary sugar-free chocolate.
Unsalted butter – use butter with fat content no less than 80%.
Egg – we need an egg to hold the dough together.
Sweetener – ordinarily, when I am preparing low carb sweet treats I try to avoid any kind of sweetener. Although, sometimes I add a pinch of stevia or xylitol.
A pinch of salt.
Before you will start making the best peanut butter cookies make sure you have all ingredients at room temperature.
How to make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate?
As I told you previously, this cookies recipe is pretty easy to make, even if you do not have any kitchen equipment. But I got used to my stand mixer, and whatever I have the opportunity to use it I do so.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment star creaming the butter. When you see it is smooth add peanut butter and beat until creamy. Next, add in one egg Allow it to fully incorporate before adding the next ingredients. It is time for dry ingredients. So add coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, stevia, and a pinch of salt. Let the ingredients incorporate, but at the same time make sure not to over mix the dough. And finely add chocolate chips. Mix for 20 seconds more and stop the mixer. Now cover the bowl and send the cookies dough to the fridge to chill for at least half an hour.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper or use silicone baking mats.
When ready to bake, using an ice cream scoop arrange the cookies spacing them about 2″ apart. Bake them for 12-14 minutes in a preheated oven. When baked, before serving cool cookies on the cooling rack.
- Use creamy peanuts butter or crunchy peanuts butter, depending on personal preference. The quantities and method of preparation remain the same.
- Butter and peanut butter should be soft at room temperature.
- You can prepare the dough 2-3 days in advance and keep it in the fridge until baking. Just when ready to bake bring it back to room temperature.
- Store unbaked but ready shaped cookies in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Substitute peanut butter with cashew, pecan, macadamia, almond, or even walnut butter.
- If you want crispy cookies inside, you can bake them for about 20 minutes. I like them softer inside, so I leave them for only 15 minutes, and sometimes even less.
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- stand mixer
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweeted chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper or use silicone baking mats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment star creaming the butter. When you see it is smooth add peanut butter and beat until creamy. Next, add in one egg. Add coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, stevia, and a pinch of salt. And finely add chocolate chips. Mix for 20 seconds more and stop the mixer. Now cover the bowl and send the cookies dough to the fridge to chill for at least half an hour.
- When ready to bake, using an ice cream scoop arrange the cookies spacing them about 2″ apart. Bake them for 12-14 minutes in a preheated oven. When baked, before serving cool cookies on the cooling rack.