Last Updated on April 23, 2020 by YourFoodBuddy
Those who do not love potatoes will definitely change their minds after trying out these potato fritters with red lentils. They are extremely easy to make and they are super delicious too. This vegetable potato fritters recipe is the best option for vegans too! Add a bit of spicy sriracha mayonnaise and you’re taken to the “delice recipe” wonderland.
I’ve always been a potato lover but there are lots of people I heard saying that there’s nothing good you can make out of potatoes. This potato fritters recipe will change their minds. I’ve already tried this on my “potato-hater friend” and he said, “give me more potatoes” for the first time in his life.
Using the recipe you found here, you’re going to make the best vegetable potato fritters with red lentils very easily and be sure that they are super delicious too. Warning: they can be so delicious that you won’t get enough!
The red lentils are extremely important to the recipe. The original, basic recipe of the fritters does not come with any adding, however, by adding more proteins to the fritters it becomes healthier and tastier. In case you’re a lentil lover, you might also love the Vegetarian Lentil Shepherd’s Pie From Scratch you can find on the website. The “cherry on the cake” in our case would be the sriracha mayonnaise “on potato fritters”.
Are These Potato Fritters 100% Vegan?
I’ve already mentioned that these fritters are vegan and that’s because they do not contain eggs, unlike most other potato fritter recipes that you can find elsewhere. That’s why these potato fritters are so good – your vegan friends can give them a try too. Not adding eggs and still making the fritters tasty is easy as you can still make them hold together and as mentioned, adding the red lentils, you make them high in protein too.
If you’re a vegan, you would appreciate it a lot. Some delicious recipes are “vegan by accident”, yet, these vegan potato fritters are well balanced all around.
Ingredients For Vegan Potato Fritters
Except for the sriracha mayonnaise, all other ingredients are very easy to find, if you don’t have them in your kitchen already. To be honest, red lentils may not be selling at your nearest grocery store, but finding it isn’t a real problem either.
So, potato fritters recipe include:
- You need potatoes, first and foremost
- As earlier mentioned – red lentils are very important too
- Sriracha mayonnaise for the “cherry on the cake” taste
- One red onion (small to medium size)
- All-purpose flour
- Smoked, as well as regular paprika powder
How much of each ingredient you need depends on how many people would try your finger-licking vegan potato fritters. In my recipe, you will find enough for at least 4 people.
Bonus: in case you want to add more vegetables to your recipe, or you simply love zucchini, then feel free to change half of the carrots with zucchini at your taste. If you’re a zucchini vegan lover, then you should try out the Vivid & Juice Homemade Ratatouille Recipe you can find on delicerecipes.com.
Other than that, depending on your taste and preferences, you could change regular potatoes to sweet potatoes too.
How To Make Potato Fritters Without Adding Eggs?
That’s not hard at all, and if you thought that this is impossible – you were wrong. Simply cut the potatoes and the carrots (and zucchinis if you use them) rubbing them into small pieces and then add them in a large bowl. Cook the red lentils alongside with your onions, garlic as well as the spices and add this mixture to the potatoes and carrots.
Meantime, start heating a bit of oil in a quite large pan. After a while, add in approximately one and a half (1 ½) of stacked up tablespoons for each of your potato fritters. It is important to have a non-stick pan for the best results if not, use more frying oil. Use the pan for cooking the fritters on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes on each fritter side. Let them for 5 minutes to get the “crunchy” taste, but make sure not to burn them.
What Is Best Added To Potato Fritters?
As earlier mentioned, the fritters get a special taste when using a spicy sriracha mayonnaise. However, this is my favorite dip. There may be people who don’t love spicy food or mayonnaise in the first place. That’s why you could use other healthy and tasty dip of your preference.
A green salad would be a great choice too. You may want to check the Crunchy & Healthy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad for such special food.
Why Do I Think That These Potato Fritters Are Worth It?
There are various criteria about a food recipe that I think is very important to be taken into consideration before recommending a recipe to my readers. And to my opinion, the vegan potato fritters with red lentils are worth it due to various reasons and even more, but the most important ones include:
- Very easy to make
- Very fast – you can serve them in less than 25 minutes
- Extremely tasty
- Except for tasty and healthy – they are full of proteins due to the red lentils added there
- They would be loved even by kids and non-vegans
- Money is significant too, quite obviously, so it is a budget-friendly recipe as well.
How to make sriracha mayonnaise?
It is such a simple yet delicious and easy recipe. This sauce is a perfect match for any fryings, especially for my lovely potatoes fritters. Here is what you need
Ingredients For Sriracha Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon of vegan mayonnaise
- Sriracha sauce to taste
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Half a tsp of smoked paprika powder
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Blend everything and get delighted. Have a great meal!
Finger-Licking Vegetable Potato Fritters
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Start by cooking the red lentils as you can see the instructions on the package
- Peel and rub the potatoes and the carrots using a grater
- Squeeze the excess liquid using the hands
- Combine them all in a large bowl with the already cooked red lentils (as written on instructions) and also add the garlic, chopped onion, the flour, and all the spices. Stir it all very well
- Heat the oil in a large skillet
- Add approximately one and a half of heaped tablespoons for each potato fritter. Each side should be cooked for about 3 or 4 minutes on medium heat
- Take out the fritters and place over paper towel to absorb excess oil
- Combine the sriracha mayonnaise ingredients and stir well. Serve with pleasure