Are you craving a fresh and delicious appetizer or snack?! Then this Spicy Corn Salsa recipe is just a perfect idea, and it is totally addictive! Made with sweet corn, lime, and a bunch of fresh vegetables, it makes the perfect refreshing dish!
This spicy corn salsa goes great as an add-in for quesadillas, tacos, taquitos, or burritos. It also can serve you an excellent side or salad. Making a homemade corn salsa is quick to make – just chop up a few vegetables and put together all ingredients in a bowl. No mess in the kitchen and no smell as cooking is not required. Just combine, chill for a while, and savor the best salsa you have ever tasted.
The main ingredients for this spicy corn salsa are sweet corn, red onion, red chili, cilantro, and freshly squeezed lime juice. But for a more fresh flavor and versatile texture, I have added some sweet cherry tomatoes and crunchy bell peppers.
Ingredients for Spicy Corn Salsa:
To get organized easier, I made the shopping list of ingredients, which you can find below. For steps and ingredients quantities, scroll down and print our recipe card.
- Corn – use canned yellow sweet corn or boiled corn. Baked corn will work here too.
- Red chili – use finely chopped chili or jalapeño peppers.
- Onion – diced red onion or shallot will work great for this recipe.
- Cilantro: chopped fresh cilantro enhance.
- Lime – nothing can be better than freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Cherry tomatoes – add a touch of sweetness to this spicy salad.
- Bell pepper – will add some freshness and crunchiness.
- Olive oil
How to make Spicy Corn Salsa?
This fantastic and easy corn salsa bearly needs a measurement, as each ingredient perfectly complement each other. The acidity from the freshly squeezed lime juice balances the sweetness of the corn and vegetables. Chilli, red onion, and cilantro, enhance the final touch of the salsa. This appetizer is a real fiesta of flavor.
Corn is the core ingredient in this corn salsa. From this ingredient, we will start. If using fresh corn, then cooking it will be the most challenging part of this recipe. So do not hesitate and inspire yourself from our recipes – bake or boil. Surely fresh corn will be the best option for corn salsa, but as we are not in season, I have used canned sweet corn and believe it doesn’t taste worst.
Now chop the bell pepper, tomatoes, chili pepper, and cilantro. Transfer them to a mixing bowl. Finely chop the onion and add it to the bowl. Squeeze some lime juice and drizzle just a little bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Leave the corn salsa to chill for a while.
Serve with pleasure alongside tacos, quesadillas, fajitas, or meat main dish.
Spicy Corn Salsa
- 1 lb corn canned or cooked
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup bell peppers chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Transfer them to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve alongside your favorite dish.