Chicken Wrap packed with veggies, meat, and a tangy sauce is one of the most comfortable dishes on an evening basis.
The chicken wrap is that simple dish you can enjoy any time of the year. Any veggies, salad leaves, and even bacon can be great add-ins to this wrap. They go so well together.
Chicken wraps can be assembled in minutes, easily stored, and served the next day. If you have some meat leftover, then you can easily make a wrap. Warm it on a grill or any skillet, and your dinner dish is ready to be enjoyed.
Packed with flavors, just perfect for lunches or dinners, wrap is one of my comfort zone dishes. I can make a dozen of them. I like to play with ingredients and always make it with different fillings.
My family adores these snacks as they are hearty, full of flavors, and super tasty.
Stop spending money on bought ones, try to make wraps of all the ingredients you have at home. It will take you just 10 minutes to create some perfectly savory and super tasty wraps.
If you decide to make this quick and easy chicken wrap, please leave a comment here and let me know what you think.
What do Chicken Wraps contain?
Chicken Wrap is an easy and, at the same time, versatile recipe. You will need just a few simple ingredients to put this lovely recipe together. After gatherings or parties, I always have leftovers of meat and veggies. Wraps are always a great choice to use any leftovers from your fridge, especially when you do not like to throw away food.
If you are looking to make a chicken wrap from scratch, find below the list of core ingredients. However, you can always use any additions you desire.
- Tortilla – use a regular burrito-sized tortilla.
- Cooked chicken – use any cooked chicken you have on hand. For this wrap recipe, I often use fresh grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken. I love the flavor it adds. Good options are shredded chicken breast, roasted chicken legs, or kids-friendly chicken nuggets.
- Salad leaves – crunchy, packed with nutrition – romaine lettuce. This salad is my latest favorite. Romaine can be substituted with iceberg salad, butter lettuce, leaf lettuce, or Boston lettuce.
- Avocado – choose a ripe and creamy avocado.
- Tomatoes – juicy and sweet tomatoes add nice juiciness to the chicken wrap.
- Shallot onion
- Cheese – Brie cheese slices. Once you use brie cheese, there is no need to grill the wrap to melt the cheese.
- Ranch dressing – this tangy dressing with herbs enhance the taste of wrap. You can opt for a good quality store-bought dressing or make it yourself. Mix the following ingredients for the homemade ranch dressing: mayonnaise, sour cream, spring onion, dill, parsley, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. An excellent substitute for ranch dressing is rich blue cheese dressing.
- Sweet and sour sauce – will provide some balance to the richness of most ingredients from this recipe.
How do you make a Chicken Wrap?
Prepare ingredients for the filling. Shred the chicken, slice tomato, and onion. Separate the romaine leaves. Cut the avocado in half, peel and slice it. Squeeze some lime juice on its flesh. Lime juice helps delay the avocados from turning brown.
Now we can assemble the wrap. Layer tortilla with a spoon of ranch dressing evenly spread across the tortilla. Begin layering with romaine lettuce, shredded chicken, avocado, tomatoes, and onion. Top with creamy brie slices. And at the end, drizzle some sweet and sour sauce. Fold in the end of the tortilla for about two inches, and then roll up the wraps. If it starts to open, fix it with a toothpick through.
Chicken wrap tastes fantastic, whether warm or cold. Wrap tastes greatly grilled, although it is not so necessary.
How to serve Chicken Wrap?
As I told you before, the chicken wrap is a versatile recipe. Cut it crosswise into slices
(about one-inch-thick) and serve as appetizers or snacks at gatherings or parties. They look really nice and cute on a plate, so do not hesitate to prepare them for your next party.
Wraps are easily transportable and are the perfect grab-and-go meal. So, fill your picnic basket with these delicious wraps and enjoy the outdoors! Also, this easy chicken wrap recipe is even great for your kids’ lunchbox. My kids adore preparing their lunches for school, especially when choosing their own ingredients.
This recipe would also be wonderful served for dinner as a main dish during busy weeknights.
How to store Chicken Wrap?
To store chicken wrap, wrap it tightly in clingfilm and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Also, you can store wraps in an airtight container.
Easy and Quick Chicken Wrap
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 3 tortillas
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1 shallot
- 6 slices Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup Sweet and sour sauce
- Shred the chicken, slice tomato, and onion. Separate the romaine leaves. Cut the avocado in half, peel and slice it. Squeeze some lime juice on its flesh.
- Layer tortilla with a spoon of ranch dressing evenly spread across the tortilla. Begin layering with romaine lettuce, shredded chicken, avocado, tomatoes, and onion. Top with creamy brie slices. And at the end, drizzle some sweet and sour sauce. Fold in the end of the tortilla for about two inches, and then roll up the wraps.